When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New fantasy PO LM 2500 cal rep.

cougar1

Just a quick few pics for any (few) PO old LM admirers. I saw this rep and was interested in picking it up because the dial looked very interesting. It's a copy of the now old PO LM 2500 caliber, not the new ceramics or new LMs but still interesting. It's lovely and slightly different than the PO 5th gen in the 5th gen caseset.

It definitely needs some mods, but the dial is spectacular, which is really what I bought it for. Slightly glossy (the gen was very glossy) deep black laquered with great cut to logos and markers. The red seamaster lettering is cool. It has blue lume but not superlume, definitely needs a relume. The crystal has no AR so needs an AR job. The bezel isn't bad, but I don't like ceramic type bezels anyway (too shiny) and plan on replacing it with a 5thgen/modded/gen or similar. The pearl is dead centre on these (oh the irony!) but is awful, I'm sure a mod would make it much better if you don't like the idea of standard black bezel. Altogether with a blue relume of hands/dial, AR'd crystal, eta dw and bezel mod it will be an outstanding custom rep/franken/whatever?. :D

For most people it is probably better to wait for the new PO ceramic reps, but the old PO LM has always interested me, the dial features more than the LM bezel even.

Smk0c.jpg?1

sbw9l.jpg?1

bnRkm.jpg?1

Iy2RM.jpg?1

LbOJn.jpg?1

epBTL.jpg?1

yirIo.jpg?1

cKaaK.jpg?1

Before people go "where is the open caseback?" etc ....again it is not the new PO ceramic rep! It is an mismash of the 5th gen case made to look like the old (first) Liquid Metal pictured below:

477982d1311531230-omega-planet-ocean-liquidmetal-le-crank-up-your-modem-img_2922.jpg

22230422001001-30.jpg

22230422001001-40.jpg

Dial is amazing on this one, love it! Is this the one from hont?

Can't wait for the new Cpo or UCpo to come out I've got an SmP getting lonely in the watchbox all alone :inverted:

Yep it's the one from Hont, not sure these particular ones will sell well, everybody waiting for the new ceramic PO, shouldn't be too much longer for those hopefully, they are overdue at this stage. It should be good...well it better be :D

I really hope they rep the new ceramic ones correctly! I've put off buying the gen like 5 times!

Hope so too asf, I'm was contemplating selling gen PO 2500 to get one, just can't quite get around the cost though, as I got the old gen cheap. Hopefully with the new rep, they get the dial features (raised numbers/logos etc) as above on proper matte dial with superlume for the ceramic, open caseback with some good geneve waves on the rotor at least, and somehow tackle the matte ceramic bezel right. It then should be interesting and wearable, as long as it doesn't cost $600+.

This is a great looking rep. Whats the gen lume colour? Blue or green?

With some gen parts this could look really good. Im very impressed with the dial...

Hi omega_guy, the lume on the watch is very poor, it is blue but as is the case with the 5th gen even the hands show stronger than the markers, same with this, the hands show blue, but the markers are very poor in glow, it seriously needs a relume. I'll get it done eventually, just have a few other things on atm. The crystal has no AR at all, which is a bit of an anomaly!? It makes the fact that the watch has a glossy black dial not show well at all from the outside(lacquer black dial and no AR is a no no combination!).

The other day I stuck the dial/movement in a standard 5th gen PO case and it looks much better immediately than with the Crystal/bezel on the watch it came in.

With gen crystal or very transparent aftermarket AR and a blue relume then the watch would look outstanding, the dial is amazingly well done. I'm still not sure if I can get used to a glossy PO dial though, it certainly is different! An interesting watch, lets hope they get the attention to detail on omega dials from now on, The raised markers/red lettering/strikethrough omega lettering/correct cut logo look equal in quality to any gen omega dial I've come across.

This is awesome. Thx for the feedback.

I'm certainly looking forward to putting this on my list of frankens. It's too bad the gens lume isn't green, otherwise it would have been an easy franken.

Looks like the only way to go is a gen crown/tube, gen HE valve, gen crystal and a blue relume.

Is the case usable (and aesthetically accurate) in your oppinion or you better off getting a 4th/5th gen case set as a base?

Edited by om3ga_guy

The case is identical to the 5th gen rep case, just the caseback markings and the bezel insert are different, so everything is interchangeable with gen parts/5th modded parts etc. I don't know which factory did this, it wasn't noob, but it looks like they took the 5th gen case and cloned it/used it and then made the best omega rep dial I've ever seen and then made a bezel insert that would've been at home on one of watchedens worst fantasy watches :D

So this one is a bit of an odd concoction, I hear ya on the lume, it's a pity but a good blue luming is possible like the old 2500 calibre LM has. Unfortuantely that particular 2500 cal liquid metal bezel is impossible to get (or replicate) other wise we could've had an extremely accurate old LM rep. Best thing to hope with the bezel on these is to mod the ceramic bezel insert pearl or swap the insert out for a black one and call it a custom build :D

It might be worth just waiting to see how the new upcoming ceramic PO looks, but at least the one above can be frankened/modded etc, there is not a whole lot can be done in terms of frankening/modding with the upcoming ceramic PO so they better get it pretty good out of the box...face up at least ;)

Hi ryaku,

I saw the old LM PO once, the dial looked very impressive under the gen crystal, it is black but changes colour based on lighting/angle and can look anything from glossy jet black to glossy light grey. Omega are good at playing with dial effect colours/3d effects etc. It gives an interesting effect, a little blingy maybe compared to the regular matte PO dial, but definitely striking, My first thought was that is how the original PO dial should've looked with raised applied markers but mattified and it would've been perfect. I would say the rep dial looks very close, maybe a little less glossy as the original dial is ceramic, the rep seems to be glossy black lacquer and all the raised/applied markers look very close. The rep even has the [ZrO2] in green writing under the professional.

In terms of doing something with this for the accuracy to gen purists I don't think it's possible! :D The LM bezel is out, using a black bezel insert works well, but it doesn't look like anything that was sold at an AD.. it would definitely be a custom job, with a totally different look than the standard black PO rep or standard orange PO rep. It's interesting for us PO freaks ;) ...but that's about it.

It makes it very interesting how the new ceramic rep will look when it comes out, I still have doubts that they will get the bezel insert right on those, but they should get the dial right or very close now. They've mangaed to rep good omega dials before....the ploprof, but this dial is a step up and looks like this attention to detail could be applied to lots of omega reps in the future...AT/SMPs etc!

Here is the specs of the original LM PO dial:

IMG_2841.jpg

Hi ryaku,

In terms of doing something with this for the accuracy to gen purists I don't think it's possible! :D The LM bezel is out, using a black bezel insert works well, but it doesn't look like anything that was sold at an AD.. it would definitely be a custom job, with a totally different look than the standard black PO rep or standard orange PO rep. It's interesting for us PO freaks ;) ...but that's about it.

Exactly my thought: I'll try to source that spare dial to use it in my standard 42mm PO. Nothing else.

It makes it very interesting how the new ceramic rep will look when it comes out, I still have doubts that they will get the bezel insert right on those, but they should get the dial right or very close now. They've mangaed to rep good omega dials before....the ploprof, but this dial is a step up and looks like this attention to detail could be applied to lots of omega reps in the future...AT/SMPs etc!

Agreed on this too.

I don't reckon we will ever see a very accurate out of the box ceramic PO/SMP and there's no chance to get gen parts (not to my knowledge and anyway I don't even want to think about prices if it was doable)

Exactly my thought: I'll try to source that spare dial to use it in my standard 42mm PO. Nothing else.

Here's a quick and (dirty) example of how it might look in a standard rep PO wit rep AR, even poor rep AR makes a big difference to how it looks, excuse the huge amount of dust on the crystal ;) ..the dial isn't fully in, just balancing and not straight, but you get the idea. Anyway I think I'm gonna order a JLC navy seals soon, so these custom PO's will take a back seat for a while. )

W4t2h.jpg?1