When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Got The Vitello Antico From Tc Straps?

LeGambleur

TC got the strap for $24.99. Very good price but does anyone know how the strap is (thickness, fell and so on)? It´s cheap enough just to order and see but i thought i should ask around first.

I have about 10 straps from TC - they're very good.

I realise Elliot Lazarus, the head of TC Straps, is persona non grata here on RWG, but over on RWI he's got some special offers that'll make your eyes water.

147762-15355.jpg

147762-15356.jpg

147762-15357.jpg

147762-15358.jpg

I hope these pics give you an idea of what to expect.

Chronus//

I´ve heard a lot of good things about him, is there a BOB-strap website?

Pugwash//

Thanks for the pics, they convinced me. I´ll get the strap from TC (that doesn´t stop me from getting a strap from BOB too though, can´t get too many :thumbsupsmileyanim: ).

Correct, and he's in dealer's section under accessories on here.

I have got a few from him (carbon, vertigo), and on his offers here on RWG, he even has buckles as part of a deal :1a:

TC got the strap for $24.99. Very good price but does anyone know how the strap is (thickness, fell and so on)? It´s cheap enough just to order and see but i thought i should ask around first.

Link to the strap

Just remember - not that it is a huge deal on a $25 strap though - that when you order from TC Straps you can't sell the strap on Paneristi because TC Straps is banned there.... FWIW

I realise Elliot Lazarus, the head of TC Straps, is persona non grata here on RWG, but over on RWI he's got some special offers that'll make your eyes water.

After his spats with members: giving details of rep owners to Panerai when they cracked down on him selling to rep owners; his subsequent arguments with everyone over it on here, and antagonising people; and finally his trademarking of Dirk's name (without the real Dirk's permission - did him no favaours at the P forum when this happened);

it seems like he'll do whatever it takes to protect himself and make money... Raises concerns with me about quality. If he's prepared to do everything he has, maybe he's prepared to sacrifice quality to make a little more...

Whatever you like really, there are so many good strap makers that I haven't really had the desire to buy from TC. Maybe I've misjudged him, but so far all the straps I've wanted have been from other brands/companies.

"You picks yer poison"...

After his spats with members: giving details of rep owners to Panerai when they cracked down on him selling to rep owners; his subsequent arguments with everyone over it on here, and antagonising people; and finally his trademarking of Dirk's name (without the real Dirk's permission - did him no favaours at the P forum when this happened);

it seems like he'll do whatever it takes to protect himself and make money... Raises concerns with me about quality. If he's prepared to do everything he has, maybe he's prepared to sacrifice quality to make a little more...

Whatever you like really, there are so many good strap makers that I haven't really had the desire to buy from TC. Maybe I've misjudged him, but so far all the straps I've wanted have been from other brands/companies.

"You picks yer poison"...

Chronus-

I assure you - you have misjudged Elliot. I am not sure how someone's desire to have a profitable business (why else whould you be in business) somehow equates to your implication that Elliot has less than top quality.

Given that I have purchased numerous straps from both Elliot (TC Straps) and '"BOB" I feel I can speak with some authority on "quality". Both strap suppliers have excellent quality straps, but without question, Elliot not only has a broader range of straps/prices, his top quality straps blow "BOB"out of the water.

I have found Elliot a pleasure to deal with as well as "BOB" and I find it extremely distastefull that someone would read and repeat "gossip" without any first hand knowledge.

LeGambleur - Like always on the net - be carefull of the "advice" some one gives you when thier first instict is to repeat gossip for no apparent reason other than to put someone down. Whomever you choose between the two I am sure you will be happy with the quality and service. My advice would be to email both suppliers and go with the one that you feel is most responsive to your needs.

Good Luck!

I ordered the strap from TC since it´s very cheap and exactly what i´m looking for. It´s a good first buy to see how it goes without taking any risks. Next time i´ll try BOB to compare.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Edited by LeGambleur