When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn City

mikellem

Well, yesterday afternoon while I was home with the flu, My new beautiful Sinn U1 arrived from Watchmaster. I can tell you this...I do not have pics now...Except River has one listed here "For Sale".

This watch is unbelievable. The stainless Steel is slightly darker due to the material used to mfg. this watch.. I must say..For a $1300 Gen watch....I honestly do not think there is anything finer.

The fit and finish is soo terrific, you have to see the watch in person.

I can only say this....If anyone can afford one, Get it! I promise you won't be dissappointed! River has one listed right now. I added his "Link" just in case you want to see pics..

This is a keeper!

Thanks Watchmaster!~

River's link and pics of the Sinn U1 Watch..

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=14964&hl=

Cheers,

-MM

i really did not like the U1 in pictures, but once i got to see and wear one for a bit at a watch meet up in SF i was blown away. a stunner in person :)

i'm really surprised that there are no sinn reps. the 656 would be easy and i think would sell well!

congrats on a beautuful watch :D

Why rep a pure toolwatch? People who buy it, will buy it for it's functionality and ruggedness. You won't get that with the rep. This Sinn is not a fashion watch so I can't see it being a big rep seller. Especially as it is not way way expensive - 2nd hand for $950 ?

I had one on my wrist a month ago. The crystal is almost invisible from all angles. Beautiful. I think you paid too much though. They are hard to find, but you paid more than retail for a used watch. I've seen them on timezone for about a grand. There is one right now for $1000. I actually like it much better on the rubber strap than the bracelet. Best rubber strap and buckle out there.

Enjoy it.

Thanks guys, I hope you all get a chance to put one on your wrist. Becha can't stay away from getting one! :D

Estaban is correct. You can not see the crystal no matter what angle you look...utterly amazing!

@Estaban, Personally I like the Stainless Steel band better. This is why I purchased Watchmasters. The watch is also 100% perfect. I guess different strokes for different fokes. ;) r

Happy Sunday!

Cheers,

-MM

Why rep a pure toolwatch? People who buy it, will buy it for it's functionality and ruggedness. You won't get that with the rep. This Sinn is not a fashion watch so I can't see it being a big rep seller. Especially as it is not way way expensive - 2nd hand for $950 ?

IMO Subs and Seadwellers and SMP's and Seawolfs are all just tool watches :g:

You can get a slightly used SMP or Seawolf for under $1k (I paid $850 for my used Bond SMP) and they seem to sell OK as reps!

I would love to see Sinn or Doxa diver reps!!!

IMO Subs and Seadwellers and SMP's and Seawolfs are all just tool watches :g:

You can get a slightly used SMP or Seawolf for under $1k (I paid $850 for my used Bond SMP) and they seem to sell OK as reps!

I would love to see Sinn or Doxa diver reps!!!

Maybe so, but Subs, Seadwellers, SMPs (and even Seawolfs) are name watches, as in a lot of people have heard of the companies Rolex, Omega and sometimes even Breitling. They carry a kind of status with them, while, sadly, Sinn and Doxa do not.

Rolex and Omega are also seen as fashionable watches, partly due to their name and partly due to their price-tag.

Personally, for me, even though it won't come into use in the capacity it is designed for, the attraction of the Sinn U1 or U2 is the submarine steel used, the hardened bezel, the oils used in the watch which will allow it to work upto around -40 degrees celsius etc The U2 also has a capsule which keeps moisture away. I'm not sure if these ones also have the liquid filled interior. Things like these just won't be repped properly, and is part of owning a Sinn U1/U2... at least for me. I'd save up for the genuine. Others may (and probably do) feel differently.

By the way, where can I get a slightly used SMP or Seawolf for under $1k? I may be interested once I can save up enough! Was the $850 for a quartz or automatic full size? Please let me know. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Personally, for me, even though it won't come into use in the capacity it is designed for, the attraction of the Sinn U1 or U2 is the submarine steel used, the hardened bezel, the oils used in the watch which will allow it to work upto around -40 degrees celsius etc The U2 also has a capsule which keeps moisture away. I'm not sure if these ones also have the liquid filled interior. Things like these just won't be repped properly, and is part of owning a Sinn U1/U2... at least for me. I'd save up for the genuine. Others may (and probably do) feel differently.

I'm hooked!

Just put myself on the waiting list at chronomaster.co.uk - they say I can get it this year!

Now time to find myself a new 0% credit card :Jumpy:

I wish I could do that too... would love to get one... but no money... good luck.

If you get on the list can you remove yourself when you get to the top if you can't afford it ?

I wish I could do that too... would love to get one... but no money... good luck.

If you get on the list can you remove yourself when you get to the top if you can't afford it ?

The shop took my reservation without a deposit so guess it's flexible. I think demand is high enough for them to not worry about people dropping out.

Details are:

Neil Wood

ChronoMaster Ltd.

www.chronomaster.co.uk

tel. 01204 45 96 36

cell. 07747 19 25 26