When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken TC SUB project

Inertiadrifter

I went the dark route. TC SWISS MADE dial and hands, gen eta 2836-2 movement, gen crown and tube, Clark's crystal, star time case with lug holes and star time complete bezel assembly. Gen insert with cracked insert to follow as well as a gen Swiss T <25 dial to come for my 16800 build to be complete. For now I run the TC ST hybrid on a 93150 bracelet with plain end links eventually I will probably just wear it with the right 593 if I can find them. The TC bracelet is excellent though and looks good for this combo also. If TC could ever source a proper 93150 with clasp all of us will be extremely happy.

post-37193-134636003704.jpg

Bezel looks good and so do the end links, did it take much modification of the bracelet to look like that?

I need to do some cutting to my TC v3 it doesnt sit right. There are 2 problems:

- The endlinks sit too far out when they should sit further in

- On of the endlinks has more material on one edge that the other (at the bottom thickness wise)

I cant be bothered with the pain of modifying, I might go gen braclet and TC clasp (lug to lug is aprox 20.1mm)

To my eye there is too much crystal reveal there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chief, You could be right. I got so used to the SSDs that it looks fine to me and the magnification is dead on. The gasket is a 3mm gen and the insert currently is not the gen. I will address the crystal height once I get the gen insert in there. I can tell you the crystal lip is not as pronounced as the picture shows tough. This one is definitely a keeper.

The end links were a PITA as I got them from WSO and basically ended up almost making new ones. The TC end links do sit too far back on the V3(only version I have) and Dremel and patience took care of that. Have had the same problem with the 93160 bracelet, but not as much.

Addendum:

I may go back to the TC v3 bracelet with gen clasp(when I find it) route if I keep this dial instead of the 16800 gen dial I was going to use. For the money, the TC bracelets are more than worth it. The bracelet currently on the watch I got from Pete and was aged well. Just rebrushed it to get it nice and even.

BTW, did any of the lughole cases ever ship with 92350s? Perhaps the late model lug cases like Y or F serials?

You definitely see lughole cases with 92350 bracelets on TRF, VRF, and eBay. Just wondering if those bracelets were replaced after the initial purchase or if Rollie ever shipped 'em that way.

This is a topic i'm sure I've seen debated on the gen forums with the first pics of the 16610LV and the watch shown at basel being a lughole case with the 93250 SEL bracelet.

Some say that this watch exists in the real world, I've never seen one for sale or ever pictured as someones watch.

This is 16800 ST case right? In that case I would go for the 16800 route as the reahut is different from the 3135 case.

Just add a PT bracelet with 593 endlinks (either aftermarket or gen) and if you want to invest money a gen clasp, and you'll have a damn good bracelet.

Gen gasket is not 3mm, it's 2.7mm for a 16610, maybe that's why it sits too high. For a 16800 it could also be 2.5 (2mm crystal with 2.5 gasket or 1.8 crystal and 2.7 gasket), but definetely not 3mm.

@ Genzo,

Yes, it is their 3035 ST case. The 2.7mm is correct. My mistake. I so have a few other gaskets Gary sent for the build. The crystal is Clark's 2mm crystal. The date mag is dead on, specially with TC's date wheel. I have a rounded 3 open 6/9 date wheel that I want to use to complete the 16800, so we shall see.I definitely like the dial from TC, so I may sell the gen I have and call it good. We shall see. I want to smooth everything out so when I take the bezel off I can assure everything is seated right. So far everything is damn water tight and smooth.

Flat 4 insert can be either tritium (16800 and 16610 up to around 1999) or luminova (1999-2000 dial SWISS and 2001-2003 SWISS MADE dial, SEL and lugholes cases)

From 2004 with no holes cases it's pointed 4 and lumi of course.

Service inserts are pointed 4 only

Thanks Genzo....I didn't know that.

I've purchased literally dozens of gen 16800/16610 inserts and have been told more than once that they never used luminova on the pearls during the Flat 4 production runs.

Not sure who had asked about it here but if you recall mentioning the need of the gen luminova 16610 dial on or around Sept.5th....PM me.

I'm back in town for a couple weeks and will be listing a few gen dial, bezel rings, crystals rings, crowns, tubes...everything that still in the parts box that I'll likely never use. :)

I have the ST insert(bottom left of picture) which has a good fit on the ST bezel. The Clark's insert has also a pretty good fit on the ST bezel and has the pointy 4(bottom right of picture), pearl not as good, but decent. Then the gen faded and aged insert(on watch) with perfect cracked pearl and no lume left on it which also fits ok against the ST bezel. For the money, the Clark's insert is not bad at all and only requires a pearl change if you're after perfection and genuine looks. Please forgive me for the crappy iphone pictures.

5E6E3965-88C0-4F6C-8B71-86CD5C1E1144-1399-000000BBBE3F46A8.jpg

A8B14DD4-6D07-4FF5-BF22-5EADE19AD28B-1399-000000BBB97B9D50.jpg

452D17FB-B0A0-4735-8939-102ACD579088-1399-000000BBB35BDB21.jpg

This is 16800 ST case right? In that case I would go for the 16800 route as the reahut is different from the 3135 case.

Just add a PT bracelet with 593 endlinks (either aftermarket or gen) and if you want to invest money a gen clasp, and you'll have a damn good bracelet.

Gen gasket is not 3mm, it's 2.7mm for a 16610, maybe that's why it sits too high. For a 16800 it could also be 2.5 (2mm crystal with 2.5 gasket or 1.8 crystal and 2.7 gasket), but definetely not 3mm.

I will check the gaskets against the crystal tomorrow. Confirmed, the gasket I received from Gary is indeed a 3mm gasket. He also sent me a 2.7mm. Chief is right, I see a lip around the crystal that is sitting just to high(damn you're good) Perhaps I should press the crystal into the gasket with a press before pressing the retainer ring in? not sure how far to press the crystal in, or the retainer BTW.

How far down should I press the crystal retaining ring then? Specially since there is no friction spring.

Thanks guys.

E

IMO as I've been told by a few expert members, use the retaining ring for that bezel:

TC with TC ring

Sean with Sean ring

Gen with Gen or aftermarket ring

Thanks. So I suppose the Sean bezel looks close to gen? Where can I find those?

Gen insert fits Sean bezel no problem, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2