When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie needs Rolex advice

danhobson17

Hi Everyone,

As a total newbie to the replica watch sceene, i would relly appreciate some advice regarding the Roly DSSD.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has added information on this forum as it has helped me greatly. Everyone envolved should be proud as the help and friendlyness of people here has made this into a great place to spend time.

After spending months repeatedly looking at different TD's and their selection i have decided to make the leap into the rep world and make my first purchse. I have decided that the first one for me will be the DSSD as mentioned. The problem for me is which dealer to go for. BK has a great version with his custom date wheel etc but the $450 is a little over budget ( i need to save some for my next purchse........but thats another story), so ive narrowed it down to the two bellow:

Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116660 1:1 A3135 Best Edition (Correct 10) from Angus

DSSD SS BLK ASIA 3135 ULT V from Josh

There is adifference in price of $20 (Josh been the more expensive). Please could someone tell me the main difference between these two watches and is the extra $20 worth spending.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

I would just get the newest version available from Angus or Josh with the Asian clone ETA 2836 movement. It's cheaper than the 3135 clone and an overall better movement. Almost all the reps I have are the asian 2836 and I've only had a couple of problems out of 40+ reps with this movement. If the A2836 does have problems down the road any competent watchmaker can fix it with ETA parts.

I would second that. Five years ago, my answer would have been different,I would have said get a Swiss ETA, but i'm very suspicious of all these reps with Swiss ETA's considering the fact that Swatch Group, owner of ETA is choking off the supply of Swiss movements. Even the smaller genuine makers are having difficult times getting them. At such time as the new clone 3135 movement becomes readily available,i might say go for it, but only after it's been around for a while and some of the more gifted modders have torn it down and looked at it's guts. The clone 2836 is a pretty simple movement and from all the reports I've heard it is a solid movement. One thing you might consider no matter which one you buy is to factor in a movement service. most of the reps come with movements that may or may not be oiled properly, or they have dirt and dust inside. they may run fine for a while, but a dirty dry movement will self destruct over a fairly short lifespan. Another thing, even though the sellers tout the newer models with "Superlume" I don't think the lume is nearly as good as one that has been relumed properly. i have a new GMTIIC that is supposed to have superlume, and while it's a little better than the older ones, it doesn't hold a candle to my genuine watches or my reps that have been relumed.