When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can this be done?

John71

I have purchased a SubC from puretime, and I read the 'hour markers' are to small, and I want to have bigger ones, can this be done by a watchmaker or do I need new 'dots' to apply on the dial? This is want I mean :

AAjnfl.jpg

I have the watch on the right but need the hour markers on the left, can this be done without buying new markers, like for example just by adding some more lume? If not where can I get the markers?

Thanks!

Edited by John71

I have the sa3135 in a ym, and I have had zero problems. I believe its because I don't mess with it at all. When I do need to wind it and set the time an date, I am very gentle with it because of all the news about the thinner stem etc. Believe me, I have tried to change the markers on sub dials, and it is way more difficult than you can imagine. It seems like a simple task, remove the markers you want, install them in another dial. Very very hard to do without destroying the luminous. I suggest you find the dial with the markers you want and install the complete dial. You will thank me if you do. If you try to change the makers, you will find out the hard way exactly what Im talking about. Good luck