When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OEM or Aftermarket

Inertiadrifter

long story short: bought this 6 years ago from a watchsmith that said, he got it out of a Rolex Explorer II because there is a chip at the end of the crystal. Sold it to me for $10 put it in a box and compltely forgot about it.

now that I am building my franken TC SUB, i am wonderring if this would fit. but wanted to make sure if its GEN Rolex crystal or aftermarket.

C6AB1CC9-3734-408A-9FBD-7930CE7AD435-5754-000009A60F1EF5F5.jpg

494B19C9-9C0F-4CFE-A795-EF3645F88910-5754-000009A5CE915EFA.jpg

your reply is greatly appreciated.

Really hard to tell in a picture. I can tell you what I've noticed with a gen and aftermarket crystal. In my hand the gen crystal, etched or not, it feels buttery smooth, the aftermarket feels sharp. I call it the touch test, for me it really works. You don't need to look at it, just feel it, you will see what Im talking about.

Really hard to tell in a picture. I can tell you what I've noticed with a gen and aftermarket crystal. In my hand the gen crystal, etched or not, it feels buttery smooth, the aftermarket feels sharp. I call it the touch test, for me it really works. You don't need to look at it, just feel it, you will see what Im talking about.

That is what I notice as well!! The TC crystal is sharp especially when you feel the Edge of the cyclops this one is sooo smooth!!

I'm gonna have to have a professional take a look at it.

But

I truly appreciate all your help.