When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty or DSN pam390?

tessa

Trusty vs. Kuravist is easy = same exact watch

Only difference is the strap. Kuravist makes and I believe now exclusively sells the best rep version of the asso strap.

So I guess I would say that is a better watch overall ; however a riskier purchase.

Trusty is a trusted delaer and gauranteed to come through for you and I would expect top notch service.

Kuravist is not a trusted dealer, so using him you are taking on more risk and I believe payment options would be more limited and would not expect as great a service experience.

DSN is really a wild card as I have not seen this before and has been introduced with no fanfare.

From the picture only it seems to be a different watch than the H factory version.

Although the CG seems better it is still not as good as the newest Noob cg's nor is the fit to the case.

It probably is a better CG than the H factory version sold by Trusty and Kurvasit though.

Quality of the AR / Crystal impossible to tell based on pics between the 2.

The lume color on the dial looks off on DSN"s compared to the others and the lume looks to be applied even taller (more sausage like) which is an issue.

The gen has very flat lume, the H factory slightly raised which is a flaw and this DSN one seems even more raised

So not only height application but also sahde of color of lume seems worse on the DSN

Lastly in DSN's favor the hands appear to be close rin color to the gen. Have heard the gen in real life looks more rose gold than the rep and DSN's hand color does seem better in that regard.

Would love to hear other's opinions. Maybe DSN is not any different than the H Factory version and just the different photos are making it look different to me?

It were my money I would go with the H Factoory version rather than take a chance on an unknown.

The H-Factory is a fantastic watch and if the CG really bothers you the only perfect solution is to go with a noob case and cg (which is costly)

But for the value of the forum would prefer you tried out DSN's and reported back.

For some good quality gen photos to compare to:

http://panerai.watch.../ti-740878/s-0/

Lastly my rep post change into Noob case and CG and on OEM strap

P1080225.jpg

My rep before change into Noob case and CG and on Kuravist's strap (which I oiled)

Picture077.jpg

Edited by rogerthat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Tessa - I'm also in the hunt for a 390 myself so this thread is of interest to me.

My understanding is the CG on the H factory is not flush....if you look at pix rogerthat posted...you'll see the lever is not flush with the CG. I understand buying 2 watches and 'merging' them is not hard but $ and does need some experience - I'm on the fence myself. I assume your Toro version is H factory?

Can you take a shot of your crown from the side - showing if the lever is flushed?

Edited by boylah

The biggest issue with the H CG is the tip of the lever... stands out on the wrist to those few that know.... but those that would ... would probably see the other flaws too... on the whole no one would be able to tell.... from the answers above thats a given ;)

The latest AP/Noob maker CG is the better... so is the rest of the watch so as has been said if you want the best and easiest version

Use the guts of the 390 and the carcass etc of the V3 noob 111

The hex crown is better also on the AP/noob... the issue of the lever sticking out is pretty common regardless of maker and is easily resolved especially if you want to sort the hex crown spacing..