When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep 5513 inserts

dieselpower

Am looking for the most highly recommended 5513 rep insert to go in a new MBW 5513 which is going to replicate an early 1970's 5513. I have an old MBW insert which I had to glue in place (used plumbers jointing compound LS-X, very successful) but want to play around with different bleachings/pearl combinations so the question is simple, who supplies the best aftermarket early 1970's 5513 insert? Is there one that is head over heels the winner or is the jury still out?

Ditto (though that is likely to begin a downward spiral that can only end financial ruin - & your MBW transformed into a gen).

I know. That is my greatest fear. Isn't this forum called the "Replica" Watch Group. Lets not loose sight of our origins chaps, as I have said before it's easy to spend a load of cash and make a franken. That's not what we're supposed to be about. Remember?

Point taken. But the only aftermarket insert I have come across that is in the same league as a gen is the PMWF. If that 1 is unavailable, I think your only choice is to wait or go gen.

I appreciate your honesty. If I could find a reasonable fat font gen I'd be all over it, but that's not going to happen so, for the time being? I'll wait.