When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Rolex GMT II project with Domi

Monito1975

Hello guys,

I´m planing to buy a GMT II coke bezel and modify it as much as it need to get as close to the gen as possible.

We are wandering which models are the best for modding adn/or which modification would you suggest. Pics are always welcome.

So far I got a gen bezel insert gen crystal with cyclops adn a gen dial and crown su just looking for the right watch anybody who want to sell any PM please.

RGDS

Edited by Monito1975

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlgs01011-master-blackred-bezel-swiss-28362-p-4708.html

Now , I ve seen By-Thor´s reviews on GMT II but these reviews are mostly on watches that are no longer available from the dealers, does anybody have some feedback from the CHS from perfectclones? It sells for 388 and looks great, and of course the usual questions does it take any Gen parts (crystal, crown , bezel, insert etc....) ?

does anybody have some feedback from the CHS from perfectclones? It sells for 388 and looks great, and of course the usual questions does it take any Gen parts (crystal, crown , bezel, insert etc....) ?

Literally just by looking at it, you can tell that the date is too far to the right. That means the dial and crystal are unusable for a decent build. I bought this watch and tore it down for parts because I wanted the CHS movement and hands.

There isn't a good GMT Master II 16710 rep out of the box. There are at least two (mine and BK's) build threads about how to build a nice one.

• Like 1

I am doing this project with Domi..

I used:

- noob dial

- Bk hands for 2893-2

- gen 2893-2 GMT

- hybrid Noob / cartel 78790 bracelet

- 16570 ultimate case

- gen crown and insert

- Tw bezel assembly

- Clark crystal

Sounds like an awesome build.

Curious, where did you source the 2893 compatible dial? I was thinking of swapping in a 2893-2 for a GMT IIc build (currently houses an A2836), but the dial date window isn't even close. Date wheels for both 2836s and 2893s are supposed to be @ 8.85mm. The date window on my dial is closer to 7.7

Literally just by looking at it, you can tell that the date is too far to the right. That means the dial and crystal are unusable for a decent build. I bought this watch and tore it down for parts because I wanted the CHS movement and hands.

There isn't a good GMT Master II 16710 rep out of the box. There are at least two (mine and BK's) build threads about how to build a nice one.

Sneed, about the Explorer 2 case, you said it woul take a gen bezel assembly, what about a gen GMT II dial, ca 27.3 mm?

Hey Sneed, thanks for the help this is exactly what I was looking for, the big question now is would a gen Dial fit and if so would the date be aligned, for this purpose which one is best 2893-2 or 2836-2? By the way the ceramic GMT I got from you is a great watch, it' s at Domi's now for full service, water proof and superlume, I also found a perfect BMW car paint color for the Bezel it mimics exactly the original Bezel, I' ll post some pics soon.

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...