When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Directv - Hd Tivo

fotoman

to all that may care- i just upgraded to the new HD Tivo the one that they make and isn't actually branded a tivo. ITS AWESOME

compared to the old one, totally rocks - faster, better interface and organization.

If you bought one of the astronomicially high priced HDTIVOs you can upgrade for free, or a 25 delivery charge depending on how good you are with the Customer Service people.

If you need more info i'll be happy to give the phone number in order to get right to the correct person.

:):thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah I was told that too when I was activating it. I actually caught word on a forum about the date in sept they were coming online. 4 appointments later because they kept runnijng out I finally got it. They screwed up scheduling my install so bad that I got them to give me a 2nd one :)

I am like the only person in the country with 2 :)

Totally worth it. Even worth purchasing from best buy.

I have one as well - I also have their non-HD in-house DVR as well. The HD version is definitely an improvement over the non-HD version from a reliability standpoint - the non-HD version is quite buggy... I am a recent convert from Dish Network - and as my wife continues to remind me, the Dish DVRs are actually somewhat better. I can't believe Directv can't have an instantaneous 30 sec skip funtion - this allowed the fast forwarding of 6 commercials in about 2 seconds instead 10-15 on Directv. It's also not as responsive as Dish's when coming out of a fast forwarding - seems to be a lag when you hit the keys. I switched because getting HD programming from Dish was twice as expensive, and they would cut me no good deal on equipment even though I'd been with them for 5 years.

Overall, love the HD, and it is way faster than the old Tivo versions (even though I haven't owned one), but the software could still use a little improvement (which will happen in time)...

I still recommend it.

I have one as well - I also have their non-HD in-house DVR as well. The HD version is definitely an improvement over the non-HD version from a reliability standpoint - the non-HD version is quite buggy... I am a recent convert from Dish Network - and as my wife continues to remind me, the Dish DVRs are actually somewhat better. I can't believe Directv can't have an instantaneous 30 sec skip funtion - this allowed the fast forwarding of 6 commercials in about 2 seconds instead 10-15 on Directv. It's also not as responsive as Dish's when coming out of a fast forwarding - seems to be a lag when you hit the keys. I switched because getting HD programming from Dish was twice as expensive, and they would cut me no good deal on equipment even though I'd been with them for 5 years.

Overall, love the HD, and it is way faster than the old Tivo versions (even though I haven't owned one), but the software could still use a little improvement (which will happen in time)...

I still recommend it.

Funny i found that the remotes are almost TOO sensative. Its good cause i use one of those remote extender deals cause the tivos are behind cabinates. But much better than the old tivo remotes - painful