When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hands question for ULTIMATE SSD owners

irolexu

I have a SSD in the process of being built and was wondering if the hands that are super luminova would transfer off of the asian 21j movement on to a ETA 2836-2 swiss movement. I could use these hands and have this build done or I need to buy a new set of hands that are SL and in that case where do you buy already SL hands for this watch...are the hands off the SSD the same as the 16610?

You either have a SSD with an ETA (the SSD came with ETA), or you have the new superlumed Seadweller with 21j or ETA.

You mention having a 21j, so having said that... your better off buying TC's superlumed hands in my opinion. Many feel TC's hands are best ETA out there now.

He's still traveling to China.

On a different note, the ST6d(hand sizes 85/135/20) movement that ofrei sells has the perfect open 6/9 and rounded 3 date wheel, however, the hand sizes are crazy. This movement is as tall as the gen and has great potential, but I just cannot find hands anywhere for this.

E

On a different note, the ST6d(hand sizes 85/135/20) movement that ofrei sells has the perfect open 6/9 and rounded 3 date wheel, however, the hand sizes are crazy. This movement is as tall as the gen and has great potential, but I just cannot find hands anywhere for this.

Not sure I follow? I am referring to a late model SSD are you taliking about the vintage SSD?

E

E

1) for that price, if you can't find hands you can buy the movement, use the DW as an overlay on another movement and junk the rest.

2) a lot of the cheap homages on the 'bay (Voom, etc) use that movement, you can source hands from there

3) the dates 22-30 suck on that DW

have both the BK and the TC DWOs and I was looking for a nice printed open 6 and 9 with 3 rounded. I found one that works but it's too thick. The other one is too thin and has a bad offset on the teen numbers. However, for the original poster, the BK or TC date wheel overlays will be ideal. These center well and are a breeze to glue on.

If only someone would produce a nice sapphire crystal that fits with a good gasket we could definitely have a superb watch

There's a member here from overseas Deokhoon Jun that has fit a different crystal to the SSD. His watchmaker used a crystal from WSO and did a modification to the gasket.

I asked him to do a tutorial on this project for us....but haven't heard back on what exact parts and what was exactly done. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.