When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 114060 - Not bad...

watchaddict

The case is a touch short, the hour hand is wrong, the ceramic engraving is too shallow, and not bold enough. The SEL's are 0.5mm to narrow, the dial fonts are a little off too. Crown guards off and crown not perfect. Anything else...

Still, I have one (Noob) and its a beauty on the wrist! Especially at the price...plus as watchaddict says in reality these hiccups appear minor.

Credit to Watch addict for his use of his photo in the comparison...

post-44949-0-19354200-1347351650_thumb.j

post-44949-0-16027200-1347351656_thumb.j

Edited by Archetypal

Don't all rep 14060 and 114060 suffer from this?

Thinking about this one, with upgraded bezel flat "2"; triangle and pearl looks also a bit better in my view, but not quite sure regarding to the letters (looks yellow) - maybe only an effect ? Has anyone the new ceramic no date bought - would be grateful for pics.

Cheers - mates

Thinking about this one, with upgraded bezel flat "2"; triangle and pearl looks also a bit better in my view, but not quite sure regarding to the letters (looks yellow) - maybe only an effect ? Has anyone the new ceramic no date bought - would be grateful for pics.

Cheers - mates

Sorry here is the link: http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=9695

Im pretty sure that the perfect clones and trusty version is not the noob as pictured in this thread. The crown and deep and wokky rehaut give it away. This is the noob latest version..

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=648

The dial font looks different on the trusty/perfect clones version, perhaps more accurate. It'd be good for someone with the trusty/perfect version to chime in with some photos for comparison...

Edited by Archetypal

At this point let me ask a different question about factory rep ND subs, generally. Is this latest noob 114060 offering better than Josh's 5512/13, or Trevor's 14060? Im speaking purely from the watch you can wear without worrying about big obvious over sized crowns or super wokky rehauts, perspective.

Sure, none of these models I mention are perfect - but the non loupe viewed engineering is pretty good on this 114060, is it not?

Edited by Archetypal

At this point let me ask a different question about factory rep ND subs, generally. Is this latest noob 114060 offering better than Josh's 5512/13, or Trevor's 14060? Im speaking purely from the watch you can wear without worrying about big obvious over sized crowns or super wokky rehauts, perspective.

Sure, none of these models I mention are perfect - but the non loupe viewed engineering is pretty good on this 114060, is it not?

Absolutely. Esp for the price.. you can't go wrong. Also, If you can appreciate a good looking watch regardless of accuracy, this has to rank up there.

One great thing about this version is they have really improved the dial lume over the last Noob Ceramic Sub that I had. I put this next to my gen GMT 116710 and the markers look exactly the same. Indicie surrounds are nice and thin and no lumps in the lume which some of the SubC and DSSD suffer from.