When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My collection of replica....

gt rider

Sunglasses! I have spent the past year accumulating most of these. Mostly Ray Bans and Oakleys. I was quite surprised with the quality. I have a few gen sunglasses and the ressemblance on most of them is almost perfect. They even included cases, cloths, dongles, boxes and paperwork. Each pair was under 20$. Incredible!

Now before anyone mentions UV protection and that typical blahblah, all of these have been tested for UV protection and are 100% UVA/UVB protected. UV protection does not cost anything to make (dollar store glasses are 100% and they sell for 1$). I have done a lot of research on this and if you do as well you will find these are safe (don't believe the one no-source news article you find).

Sorry for the lousy pictures. I decided to take some pictures before I packed them away before moving. I have acquired a few more since the pictures. Unfortunately the site I used to get them from doesn't carry any more rep sunglasses (dx.com). The only place I know of now that sells them is priceangels and ioffer but the selection isn't as nice.

Here is a rough list of what I have:

-Oakley Gascan Custom matte black frame/black iridium lense(gen)

-Oakley Squarewire orange lense/silver frame(gen)

-Adidas Evileye climacool red frame/red lense (gen)

-Oakley oil rig (one black, one white)

-Oakley Dispatch II black frame/orange lense

-Oakley Holbrook black frame/blue lense

-Oakley radar white frame/mirror lense

-Ray Ban aviator polarized gold frame/green lense

-Ray ban gold frame with green lense (great with a suit!)

-Ray ban polarized silver frame blue lense

-Ray Ban aviator carbon fibre tech frame and blue lense (My favorite!)

-Ray ban gold frame gradient brown lense

-Oakley jawbone black/white frame with 3 lenses, case, bag and more (my favorite sport glasses)

-Oakley fast jacket black frame with full kit

-Oakley splitjacket green frame with full kit

There's a couple more I must have forgotten! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

post-45586-0-36123300-1348263827_thumb.j

post-45586-0-43869000-1348263919_thumb.j

post-45586-0-64581700-1348263983_thumb.j

post-45586-0-01823500-1348264041_thumb.j

post-45586-0-50320300-1348264078_thumb.j

post-45586-0-21360800-1348264097_thumb.j

post-45586-0-95946100-1348263873_thumb.j

Looks like you got a sunglasses store in the house mate!

I like the ray bans you have, especially the middle one in the bottom row. :thumbs:

That is my favorite out of all of them. It's from their Tech series and has carbon fibre arms. It didn't come with the original carbon case and just before I could order it, the crackdowns came around and it was no longer available.

• 7 months later...

That is my favorite out of all of them. It's from their Tech series and has carbon fibre arms. It didn't come with the original carbon case and just before I could order it, the crackdowns came around and it was no longer available.

Got mine today.
Thanks for the tip gt rider.

They feel so heavy an legit, glass is super clear.
So for $20 I say that they are very much "bang for ya buck" :-)

I got leather case for mine, are they supposed to come with carbon fibre case?

The gen ones come with a carbon fibre style case, box and cloth but mine did not. I was able to get the appropriate accessories by buying another set of glasses from PA although it's not a big deal. The only thing I don't like about the carbon ones is that they can slip off your head/face when you bend over to pick things up. Not an issue of them being rep, just the design.

Enjoy them and don't hesitate to buy more! I love having spares.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool. How's the clarity? It makes me nuts when my lenses have artifacts so I spend big for good lenses. My last pairs were Julbo glacier glasses, two pairs of vintage glass Revos and a pair of glass Ray-Bans I found on the ocean floor off Waikiki.

Very cool. How's the clarity? It makes me nuts when my lenses have artifacts so I spend big for good lenses. My last pairs were Julbo glacier glasses, two pairs of vintage glass Revos and a pair of glass Ray-Bans I found on the ocean floor off Waikiki.

The clarity is good on all of them except for the oilrigs (they were 5$). All others are clear and free of haze or specs.

• 1 month later...

Hey GT, I like those carbon fiber as well, and I think there are a gold frame ones still available on PA, but no specs. Could you tell me the measurements of these. Thank you.

And are they 8301 or 8307?

I don't have the exact measurements but after looking it up, they are 8301. I would imagine the specs are close to gen.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow and Wow, what a great collection! Very cool indeed. Just occurred to me that Stevie Wonder would have a field day in your house! ;)