When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which GMT IIc?

maxse

So I am looking to get this watch. I need to make it as accurate as possible since I have an accquintance that owns a gen... It needs to pass being on the wrist.

There are 2 versions at this moment from what I understand... The older noobfactory, a newer model from a different factory with superlume...

Pretty much all the threads I found compare the older noobfactory model. But I'm not sure which one is more accurate now.

So which model should I get? Mods? I would like to get a gen crystal for the ZR cyclops but it seems neither model is a simple drop-in... So what would you guys recommend?

Anyone who has the gen GMTIIc can spot the rep immediately. The hand stack isn't as big issue as the bezel which is quite different on the gen. It has brown tone and very strong reflection compared to the rep. When I examined the gen I was surprised how different the gen bezel was.

And yes... they made the GMTIIc initially with the correct hand stack. Freddy, one of our mods, owns one.

But still... it's fairly nice rep. The wrong hand stack wouldn't bother me. I'm sure most gen owners have never paid attention to it.

I think your biggest problem is going to be the hand-stack. I haven't seen any GMT IIc's with the correct stack (seconds, minutes, GMT, hours). There may be some out there that I don't know about, but it's a noticeable tell for someone who has the gen.

100_4695.jpg

;)

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/150583-3-gmt-masters-1675-16710-116710/page__hl__+sneed12%20+gmt#entry1149391

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/150204-superlumed-chs-gen-crystal-gmt-iic/page__hl__+chs%20+superlumed#entry1150855

I see. That sucks about the bezel. Might be a deal breaker.

I wasn't worried too much about the hand stack. Was planning on setting it to meet at like 3am anyway. No kne would notice.

The bezel on the other hand is a killer. Especially since I planned to spend some cash for cyclops AR etc...

Hmmm

Perhaps I need new glasses. My GMT two tone with the "super lume looks pretty good to me. I tried one on at the AD here in Vegas,

"Not wearing my rep of course", and when you hold the watch, it is indeed heavier (gen) than the rep. The rep bezel is ceramic, yet the color seemed indistinguishable to me. In any event a $ 400 watch which mirrrors a $10,000 watch, is a fair deal. That is the joy of our pastime.

I dare say not many of us can dispute the clearly superior quality of the factories in the last 5 years.Otherwise there would be no raids and arrests in china, and lawsuits flying around like mad. Get em while you can!!

Man, you guys are killing me. Perhaps the two tone is less obvious, because the bezel doesn't have to be off-white platinum color?

Maybe I just need to find a good version of this watch. Anyone know how accurate the reps are of this?

It is a DJ I.

rolex%20dj.jpg

I just received a budget ($158) GMT IIc from Joshua.

To me the fit and finish of the watch is quite good, personally I don't think the incorrect handstack is that noticeable. The 2 things that bug me are the thin bezel markers, and no AR on the cyclops.

Does anyone know if there is a better bezel insert with correct thickness markers? And if so, would be relatively easy to install?