When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No more new AP Tour Auto LE's :(

edgematic1

In case you guys did not read this yet, Audemars Piguet is no partner anymore with the Tour Auto classic rally. Another partnership Hublot took over from AP... Bad news imo as I thought this was a perfect partnership.

Tour-Auto-Optic-2000-2013-Hublot-Logo.png

The legendary French vintage car rally - the Tour Auto - will now take place under Hublot colours!

Hublot is strengthening its links with the automotive industry and the exclusive world of the classic car. The Swiss watch brand is today especially proud to announce that it has become the exclusive watchmaking partner of one of the most prestigious collectors' car rallies in Europe: The Tour Auto Optic 2000.

This is a legendary rally, open to the 200 cars which took part in the rally between 1951 and 1973, and which is run every year on the scenic roads of France. The 22nd event will take place from the 22nd to 27th April 2013, and boasts a brand new finish in south west France. "Exceptional cars or collectors' cars are often only children's toys, sought out by adults in an attempt to recapture their childhood dreams. It is this emotional dimension which ultimately creates their real value, and represents the real significance of the collector's car. Cars and watches both belong to the same world: of dreams and toys", explains Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman of Hublot, and owner of classic cars including a Ferrari 275 GT4 and a Ford GT40.

Patrick Peter (Peter Auto): “I would like to welcome Hublot, our new prestigious partner. I'm delighted to see the Tour Auto Optic 2000 associated with this brand, which embodies excellence in its field. This partnership confirms the appeal of our event. Watchmaking and motor sports are two worlds which share many common values. And more specifically, when it comes to Hublot I am sure the links will be especially close, as I know Jean-Claude Biver has a passion for fine automotive machinery. We hope to see him at the Tour Auto Optic 2000 behind the wheel of one of his favourite vehicles.”

Hublot – led by Chairman Jean-Claude Biver and CEO Ricardo Guadalupe - has been involved in the world of motor sports through a partnership with Ferrari and Formula 1™.

After having partnered the 50th anniversary of the legendary Ferrari 250 GTO in 2012 and other events including the Tribute to the Mille Miglia which opened the rally in Italy, joining Ferrari for a major event in Pebble Beach, California and closer to the manufacture, where the brand supported the relaunch of the Montreux Grand Prix in Switzerland, the brand is strengthening its presence in the exclusive world of the classic car, a passion particularly close to the heart of Jean- Claude Biver, himself a collector.

Edited by edgematic1

OK...thx for that news.

I wish Hublot all the best but honestly I cannot imagine a nice/cool looking watch to be released .... thinking about the latest Ferrari thingies they presented.

Anyway, good we had the luck to see some of these nice AP SE in the past years.

Dr. Theo

Ap over Hublot any day.. My friend owns a Hublot boutique, and I myself own two gen hublots yet never wear them, in fact lent one to a friend to wear! Every time I'm there, it just feels like the brand is trying too hard .. All of their pieces are looking too bulky big and crazy, mish mashes of colors and composites etc... Don't know just irks me

They don't fit right, not comfy and just don't demand their price point!! Ap's finishing a are leaps and bounds better, and lets not even get into movements !!!

Ap over Hublot any day.. My friend owns a Hublot boutique, and I myself own two gen hublots yet never wear them, in fact lent one to a friend to wear!

They don't fit right, not comfy and just don't demand their price point!! Ap's finishing a are leaps and bounds better, and lets not even get into movements !!!

completely off topic, but how much below mrsp did you pay for the Hublots from your friend? Asking so I know the max possible discount if I decide to get one. :-)

completely off topic, but how much below mrsp did you pay for the Hublots from your friend? Asking so I know the max possible discount if I decide to get one. :-)

You can expect 25-35% off, depending on the piece and your relationship with boutique or AD!