When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgrades for DW Tudor 7032

woof*

Thanks to Z I now have a 7032 and I want to improve it.

I got in on the crystal T138 group buy and waiting for that.

Yuki hands arrived yesterday, I use the hour, minute and orange seconds hand, but keep DW subdial hands? Also I need to paint the Yuki seconds hand a precise color?

I have Mary's folded enroute and as I understand it, I'll need to play around with endlinks.

What other parts are suggested? One if the glaring issues is the caseback. I emailed Phong and Yuki both.

Phong's caseback is 350$ Yuki's caseback is 200$ of course I have no idea if either fit the DW. Did I read a member here can make DW's better? I've been doing 7032 searches and been reading tons, but this watch has so many ins and outs...almost like building a vintage Daytona :)

I really look forward to improving this watch, I've wanted one forever.

D95E291B-6F92-412F-BFCE-055242EAD94D-2835-00000443632693B1.jpg

F7CF443A-CDA2-4279-A075-AC7572DE1A91-933-0000022F4F749AB3.jpg

CCB95001-3711-4208-BB4D-BECE0CFAF273-2835-00000443562C2C14.jpg

Thanks for ideas guys :)

Modelizer: who's Ritchie for the subdials? I also have another sweep hand coming from Z, I wonder if its a CWP hand.

M: yes it's taken a long time..lol will drop you a line :) (I've also been reading your threads) you mentioned the seam/bend in the hour/minutes hands and that's why I bought Yuki.

I noticed all of the gen dials I've looked at the subdial hands seemed whiter than the hour/ minute..no matter how old and aged.

Example:

D8104DBD-8B34-4975-AAB5-A95F5F1292AA-472-0000014523834B96.jpg

Modelizer: who's Ritchie for the subdials? I also have another sweep hand coming from Z, I wonder if its a CWP hand.

Richie is a HK based seller we made a group buy from a little while ago. Very accurate subdial hands I must say! However, I think he is only selling full sets though (with too short and funky shaped hour and minute hands out of the box - but pretty good sweep seconds hand).. Gimme should have his contact info.

If the orange/ sweep hand you have incoming from ZK is the one he got from me, then it is a standard DW hand.

I noticed all of the gen dials I've looked at the subdial hands seemed whiter than the hour/ minute..no matter how old and aged.

Subdial hands are always white. They don't have any lume, just paint. Hour/minute hands have tritium, hence why they turned yellow with age.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in Richie's contact info.

Yuki hands arrived yesterday, I use the hour, minute and orange seconds hand, but keep DW subdial hands?

Looks like your DW subdial hands are black, so you'd be better off using Yuki's thin hands rather than DW's IMO.

I'd also consider luming/painting your dial/hour&minute hands to a more yellow color. That is, if you're serious about this project ;)

DW used to have silver hands. Then he started sending black hands.

If I'm not mistaken, LHOOQ removed the black paint from his subdial hands to expose the silver (whatever they're made of), but then they turned yellow. Both his build threads are very informative and must-reads.