When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to make a Tudor Sub?

HaydenM

Hello Everyone :)

I've been looking around the forum and been caught by the tudor subs,

I'm just wondering, seeings as (to the best of my knowledge) a Tudor Sub cannot be bought from a TD, what is needed to create one that is a rather good rep? (not wanting a very expensive super rep)

What parts would be needed but also what would the aprox. expense of such a watch be?

(Would like to add that as of this time I have no personal experience with watchmaking or modifiction)

Thankyou

HaydenM

Hi im planning a tudor build myself i think for a low cost best bet is to buy a TD vintage submariner and then get a tudor dial most Td watches will have a 29mm dial the cheapest would be rafflestime dials they are around 30 usd and the hands around 24usd and a TD sub around 200usd are you looking for a snowflake?

i myself will be building a snowflake no date next using puretimes 1680 red sub watch which has a slow beat eta movement i will remove the cyclobe date magnifier and just fit the tudor dial and hands

the cheapest would be an asian 2813 movement watch i thick cost around a hundred usd depending on what you want to spend

I am most probably looking at a snowflake. In particular this watch was the one that got me interested in the Sub http://www.rwg.cc/topic/149809-sold-tudor-snowflake-sub/page__hl__+tudor%20+sub#entry1141318

What would the easiest way to go about making something along these lines? I currently have no experience, any advice?

I am most probably looking at a snowflake. In particular this watch was the one that got me interested in the Sub http://www.rwg.cc/to...ub#entry1141318

What would the easiest way to go about making something along these lines? I currently have no experience, any advice?

Go to puretime and see the red submariner 1680 watch 198usd this has a 2846 eta movement and then go to yukiwatch.com has a tudor dial for 168 usd with the snowflake hands the backcase is plain so mabe later you could find an engraved backcase this watch takes a 26mm dial most of the trusted dealers vintage subs have 29mm dials

this for me is the cheapest way to go but with a little work on the case it will look very good ,goodluck ! and you can find a local watchsmith to put it together for you !

Edited by aeromatic

what I did was read a lot of posts. I got a input via pm on what the gurus thought the was a great build. I can afford a gen but it was important to me build a watch that was visually appealing to me. i didnt buy the most expensive parts. In fact decided not to go with gen parts (dial and insert) because I wanted the watch to look a certain way. It took me a year to build it.

Basically I'm saying I didnt do a build to impress anyone but myself.

This is my snowflake There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my snowflake is useless. Without my snowflake, I am useless. I must wear my snowflake true.

what I did was read a lot of posts. I got a input via pm on what the gurus thought the was a great build. I can afford a gen but it was important to me build a watch that was visually appealing to me. i didnt buy the most expensive parts. In fact decided not to go with gen parts (dial and insert) because I wanted the watch to look a certain way. It took me a year to build it.

Basically I'm saying I didnt do a build to impress anyone but myself.

This is my snowflake There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my snowflake is useless. Without my snowflake, I am useless. I must wear my snowflake true.

Poetry ! man you have got it bad! wear it well ! :) Where is the photo ?