When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

187 Mods?

M5Man

I have also posted this in the upgrades section but I figure more people look at this fourm. BTW - I tried searches and cant find anything....

I have a 187 en route from EL, should be here shortly. What are the main shortfalls on this watch? Does it need lume? AR coating? Is there a datewheel depth adjustment available? How badly does it need a crownguard or a crown? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Awesome - thanks kruzer. I guess I'll do the relume and try and find someone to do the AR as mine will have none.

I would definatley go over the watch with a fine tooth comb. When I received mine, the marker at 12:00 was actually dented. Also the brushed finish was not consistent.

Since receiving it, the date wheel stopped turning automatically, I have to manually move it forward....

Other than that it's been great!

wear it out of the box! clean it up good with a toothbrush and hot dishsoap and water. get the crystal AR done and you have a winner! only your arm will need mods to wear it. try curling with 80lb dumbells for at least two weeks prior to wearing it and eat a bunch of creatin and whey protien. drinking red bull helps with the prep as well :Jumpy:

it's awesome!

wear it out of the box! clean it up good with a toothbrush and hot dishsoap and water. get the crystal AR done and you have a winner! only your arm will need mods to wear it. try curling with 80lb dumbells for at least two weeks prior to wearing it and eat a bunch of creatin and whey protien. drinking red bull helps with the prep as well :Jumpy:

it's awesome!

FF, You are killing me! :bangin::D

-MM