When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gmt pepsi (need help im new)

j13noj

Hi im new to the site and i have just started looking for a rep rolex

i came across the dreamhead.net website it seems to recomend quite a few sites and also worn of quite a few and one of its recomended sites was replicawatchcollector.com

i have looked at the site witch looks good and found a gmt pepsi dial for 115 usd

but has any one used the site or can anyone sugest any other sites to use

thanks for any help

j13noj

Do some research before you buy!! Read thius first http://www.rwg.cc/to...n-the-internet/ then go to the Auction and scam forum http://www.rwg.cc/fo...ion-scam-sites/

Read reviews, and chose your dealer based on reviews and what you're looking for. If you do your homework, you won't get scammed. If you use off site non trusted dealers or some of those sites that come up when you google "replica watch' ,you are likely to get scammed.

We have quite a few trusted dealers here. they are called trusted dealers for a reason, you can depend on them to deliver what you bought and payed for.

That Dreamhead.net site is a total scam site. All those rep sales sites they "review are all part of the network of scam sites that have been going on for years. they are so filled with lies and inaccuracies that it's almost laughable, but only if you know what to look for. One review "If you are on the prowl for the latest models of authentic, Swiss-made Rolex replicas that can be bought at cheaper prices, you must check out Idealwatches.com. This high-end replica site prides itself in offering the best and individuallyread more What a crock of B.S! First off there are and never have been replicas made in Switzerland. The Swiss have the strictest and harshest anti counterfeiting laws in the world. they put folks in jail for owning a rep! You cannot bring a rep watch into the country without fear of confiscation and a hefty fine.

• Like 1

Do some research before you buy!! Read thius first http://www.rwg.cc/topic/58629-the-biggest-ripoff-umbrella-on-the-internet/ then go to the Auction and scam forum http://www.rwg.cc/forum/16-auction-scam-sites/

Read reviews, and chose your dealer based on reviews and what you're looking for. If you do your homework, you won't get scammed. If you use off site non trusted dealers or some of those sites that come up when you google "replica watch' ,you are likely to get scammed.

We have quite a few trusted dealers here. they are called trusted dealers for a reason, you can depend on them to deliver what you bought and payed for.

That's sound advice. Take your time. I personally spent weeks reading up on different things and what to look for before I pulled the trigger.

Geez! I remember when I didn't know the difference between the classic sub and the new ceramic sub.

Not sure that BK is even building those anymore, at least not the noobmariner GMT. Best bet is to watch the sales forum here and try to pick up a BK/noob GMT. They aren't going to be cheap, but they are the best around.

One of the problems is there really never has been a good Rolex 1675 or 16750 rep. maybe a 16710. the problem with hte older GMT's is the genuine uses a tiny 5.3mm crown. All the reps use a 6mm crown, and it's a big tell. you can't just replace the 6mm with a 5.3mm because then you have a big gap between the crown and the crownguards. Almost all the 16710 GMT's have movements with incorrect hand stacks, so there is no Nirvana!!

Before you spring for one read everything you can find about the GMT Read this: http://www.rwg.cc/topic/35969-review-of-rolex-gmt-master-ii-tw-best-outdated-model/ and all of By-Tors reviews of the different GMT's

OK, that's the last of the pablum, you're on your own from now on, too much spoon feeding defeats the purpose!

It would help if we knew which GMT you want, and what you want from it.

With a Pepsi bezel insert it would be a 16710 (into 2007) or older model. Then which crystal you prefer, the sapphire (beginning in 1988) or acrylic which was used from 1954 through 1988. (There is some overlap in those years listed.)

As mentioned, the handstack changed with the 16750 in 1981.

Confused yet? It gets worse! Kinda.

We all, regardless what we say, want someone, if not everyone, to believe the watch is genuine for whatever reason. The only way to get to that level is to modify the watch. As you can tell from the site, there is a lot of that going on. The reason, as someone said, is that there is no replica that is accurate out of the box. Some get close. Close enough if you are not taking it to a Rolex dealer, Jeweler or one of our members here. And in all honesty, without opening the case, and assuming the wearer is not a kid overdressed with a $6K watch, few of the reps from our trusted dealers would be called fake by anyone but one of our members who know more about Rolex watches than most Rolex Authorized Dealers.

Now, that said, you said $115. Is that what you want to spend? Yes, you do get what you pay for.

This recommended dealer, Jos Nana also called Joshua is the principle at Perfect Clones. He is well known, been around for years and offers excellent service including after the purchase. He is not the cheapest for the same watch, but one of the safest. One of the dealers that is good to start with until you learn more about this hobby, and what direction you'll eventually go. My first GMT was the 'Retro', 16710 sapphire crystal, lug holes, etc. BK told me at the time that he didn't do the GMT with lug holes, and that the Retro was 'best out of the box' for that model. That was 6 or 7 years ago. I still have it and still wear it, but I will be modifying it with a new case very soon. No one has ever questioned it's authenticity, but I am middle aged, drive a very nice car and have a very nice home in a very nice suburb, etc., etc. With shipping it was around $300.

http://www.1-pc8838....362-p-3425.html

Here is the start of Joshua's GMT offerings: http://www.1-pc8838....-55_69_486.html You can drive yourself crazy with that page alone!

I'd suggest doing as much research as you can stand, and then buying from any of the trusted dealers, just as mentioned before. Having a 'Swiss' movement is nice, but don't be afraid of the Asian 21J movements, they work well. You can do well for under $200, better for $300. The very best, modified and all perfected up can go past $3000 easily.

It all depends on what you want.

You should also shop the used rep sales section. Pepsi's don't often come up but they do every once and a while.

2 weeks ago I grabbed this 16710. Seller thought it had a 21j and as it turns out it was a gen ETA2836. It came with a gen crown/tube, beautifully shaved crown guards and a BK date wheel overlay. I replace the click spring with a stiffer wire and picked up a like new gen insert for $90.00. The hand stack is incorrect but with these kinds of mods that's the least of my worries.

After all said and done, here's $275.00 well spent. (Initial rep cost me $175.00 and I was purchasing this watch with the intentions of getting a 21j).

*gen insert not installed yet. I picked this up to use as a beater and now it's a very reasonable franken.

a2ymyzaz.jpg

abyruper.jpg

ezyryrug.jpg

Edited by om3ga_guy