When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modding A Rolex Datejust -- Source For Crown?

TK471

Hi, all. I know that the Datejust isn't as popular as the sub, but I've just received a one and have a couple of questions about modding it.

1. Is there a source for genuine datejust crowns, or at least an upgraded one; and

2. Is there a quality aftermarket oyster bracelet for it. I've seen bracelets on the 'Bay for hundreds, and I'm just not spending that for a $115 rep.

Overall, it looks very nice. A quick glance at it would never reveal that it's a rep. Date font isn't as bold, and the crown isn't as good... but that's about it.

I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks in advance.

I picked up a gen crown on the Bay, but I already had a gen case tube (and gen case). You'll need both the crown and the case tube if you're going to put a gen crown on your watch cause the gen crown most likely won't fit the rep case tube. You could also use an aftermarket case tube from ofrei.com (6mm), or Rolex PN 24-6020, I believe, for the Datejust.

Keep looking for oyster bracelets on the Bay(search- rolex bracelet). I bought a $20 oyster bracelet w/ the safety clasp for a sub and put it on my $60 CN Datejust (anothere watch)- same 20mm lug width. Now I have an $80 Datejust, great for working out, sweatproof, etc. Next I'm going to grease the o-rings and pressure test it. BTW, it keeps great time.