When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New year - New gen - Your help

kramerica2

2013 is coming, and I plan to celebrate as I did in the past couple of years with a new gen.

My guidelines as always are:

1. No "super" rep available.

2. The gen has something special - a great in-house movement, great history, etc.. Something that could never be "replicated".

Zenith-Winsor-Annual-Calendar-Blue-Dial.jpg

I'm considering the Zenith Captain Winsor, but only if I can get it at ~5000$. Would love any other recommendation for a watch that would answer those demands. Only one exception - No Rolex please.

Thanks a lot...

Yeah, gotta love the stuff coming from Zenith these days. If you plan to keep this watch for a good long while I think this is a great choice... I just sold my quite new Zenith Pilot (not the newest big date) and got my money back but it took longer than if I were selling some other model... for some reason people haven't gotten as tied to Zenith as a brand as some others yet... shame... GREAT movements and pieces that are looking better and better.

Of course, you could just NOT buy a watch for 5 years... and then get a nice PF Journe. Love, love, love...

I thought about holding my purchases for something like a AP, Lange or PP. However, when I think about it in a different way - selling all my watches for just one - I could never do that. It's the same thing....

And yes, something must be very wrong with Zenith's marketing. They make amazing pieces, usually for a decent (as much as you can be decent in luxury watches) price. And almost nobody outside WIS circles has even heard about them.

"something must be very wrong with Zenith's marketing"

Actually, they're trying pretty hard these days ... with the Baumgartner (sp?) dive from space sponsorship and other things they're pushing to get more recognition. I hope their efforts gain traction 'cuz their watches are top shelf.