When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordered my first watch. Now to upgrade the strap?

justicepool

Hello,

I just ordered my first watch here:

Edit: Cannot include links just yet.

Of course, I don't have it yet, but from all the reading I have done it appears I will want to replace the strap right away.

I have found a few good web sites that sell nice straps (from searching on this web site).

How do I determine what size to get? From reading it looks like is should be a 22/18 or 20/18.

It would be great if I could order it now so the replacement strap will be on its way along with the watch.

It looks like some of the replacement straps do not come with the buckles. Are these easy to replace, remove, install?

Anyone recommend a basic tool kit?

Thank you in advance for any advice and or suggestions. Already searching for my next two watches. I want an A. Lange & Sohne Datograph and a Rolex Submariner. Actually trying to find a modded Submariner at the moment.

Very excited to have found this world.

John

John that is a 38mm watch so I would say 18mm lug but am not sure 20mm at the most. Maybe someone knows for sure ask around go into general discussion post watch & question someone will know..

You need a dress band for that one maybe look here.

http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com/crocodile-grain-leather-watch-straps.html.

I had a Lange Datograph and it was 22mm ,a Breguet Chrono, and it was 20mm, I believe. I would wait until you got the watch in hand and then you can measure the lug size as well as the buckle size. As Mike said, you need a nice dressy band, because these are definitely dress watches. A nice Alligator or alligator grain. Color depends on you're preferences. i'm not much on Black, so I prefer dark navy blue especally with watches that have white dials and blued hands.

Here is a photo of a genuine Maurice Lacroix with a dark blue gator strap (Genuine watch and strap) This strap came from Lone Star watch works. they have lots and lots of very nice straps at all price points. Very good service and prompt shipping.

post-327-0-60518700-1353728296_thumb.jpg