When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PICS of my new 15300

jeff g

post-22-0-91513400-1353946530_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-08031000-1353946593_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-74476200-1353946580_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-63560300-1353946559_thumb.jpg

I wanted to get a few shots posted today of my new 15300.

I would like to take a few more nice pics, to try and show the real beauty of this watch.

When I have the time I will send a few more views, showing the crystal, the depth of the screws in the bezel, the sapphire backed

movement, a side profile etc.

But from the few pics I have here, you will get the idea.

I am very happy with this watch and it's quality. For the money, you can't go wrong IMO.

It keeps great time, smooth second hand, not choppy at all, and the dial for the most part is right on.

I especially like the fact that it is the correct case dimension @ 40.5 x 9.5cm.

It wears extremely well on my smallish 6.75 wrist, with no apprecialble overhang etc. When removing extra links, I have been able to modify the fit perfectly on my wrist.

From previous posts on the older version of this watch I read that a number of people had reversed the bracelet because the back side in fact seemed smoother and less striated than the front. I tried that, and found that there was in a fact a benefit to to this. The back of the bracelet IS smoother than the front, and by making the conversion from back to front, it makes the watch LOOK and FEEL better.

I spent sometime with a Cape Cod polishing cloth and a bit of sewing machine oil on the hinges, and it softened, polished and made the feel of the bracelet more 'buttery'. A very nice feel.

I noticed too, that the sides of the bracelet are more polished than past bracelets, so more like the gen bracelet, which seems to have a higher or better polished surface than the top of the links.

I recommend trying the bracelet 'flip' with your new Royal Oak. The clasp itself functions perfectly, and the AP engraving is spot on.

One of the things I noticed on the previous version of the 15300 was the crystal. Seemed to me that it slightly protruded from the top of the bezel. On the newer version of this watch the crystal is flush mounted and looks correct to the gen IMO. Some have suggested that perhaps the crystal needs a good AR to better show of the 'depth' of the dial. No AR works for me.

Another issue in the past versions was the AP logo at 12. I have read that it is incorrect to the gen because of a slight split between the A and the P. In doing my due diligence on the 15300 I have seen a number of gen photos showing the AP logo to have variations depending on the exact model. So to me the slight seperation is not a huge tell in comparing the gen to the rep. In fact I kinda like the look better with the slight split, rather than having the A butt up to the P. FWIW. Additionally, I like the look of the AP logo at 12, rather than the new 15400 RO which has the original look of the dual batons at 12, similar to the original 15202, but then...that's just me.

The lume, (I will try and get pictures) is very well done, very clean and crisp. Makes a big difference on a sport style watch IMO.

The last rep I purchased was the AP Diver. These two AP reps, the RO and Diver, are very well done. I highly recommend them.

I will try and post a few more pictures later, but for those of you that have been on the fence concerning this watch, regardless of dial color, I highly recommend it.

I purchased this watch from Josh, and I highly recommend his product, and service. His delivery method is the best. I received this watch in 5 working days. Not like the old days of worrying as to whether you would ever in fact receive a watch, much less how long it would take.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a white dial 15300, which I love and have been using almost daily.

There are a few big tells, when compared with the gen though:

- Caseback (not noticeable if you are using it and not taking it off from your wrist);

- black rubber gasket between the bezel and the case much thicker than the gen (for me, the biggest tell).

Edited by Alpedra

• 4 weeks later...

I love the looks of this. I had a Burberry Britain and took it into an AD to have the thing adjusted. He told me that it was very similar to a very expensive watch. He commented on the weight, and how solid it felt. At the time, I knew nothing about AP, or their watches. I returned the Britain, but have wanted something like it, that I could wear every day. On the Britain -- on the first week that I wore it. I put a huge scratch on the bezel, right across the face -- when trying to flick cigarette ash out of my car window. The glass hit the watch, and that was all it took. At that point, I realized that I was too worried about ruining a piece, to me -- that was more expensive than any of my watches. Anyone know where to get an AP RO rep with a SS band?