When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese 7 days Ref. 5001- cannot find a decent one

Paneriwc321

Hi, Im new here- so Im not sure what I can hope to find or simply forget about. I am looking for a rep 5001, which is the "simpler" version of the Portuguese chrono, in terms of dial complications. I have found a few reps on Puretime and Timesshops, but the particular model does not have a neat finish on the subdials- what i mean is that many reps have "rills" on their subdials, whilst the gens are smooth. So essentially what I am asking for is whether anyone knows a dealer, other than those mentioned above (which in no case is a criticism!), who might have good reps of the 5001? Thanks!

Haven't seen one either. I always assumed it is because it wasn't that popular in gen form and the clear caseback makes it much less appealing than the Big Pilot with the closed caseback. IMHO go for the big pilot....I know they are very different but at least you can plausibly pretend there is a 7 or 8 day movement. :)

• Like 1

Haven't seen one either. I always assumed it is because it wasn't that popular in gen form and the clear caseback makes it much less appealing than the Big Pilot with the closed caseback. IMHO go for the big pilot....I know they are very different but at least you can plausibly pretend there is a 7 or 8 day movement. :) I don't know. When I read the gen and IWC forums, the 7 day is much more popular than the Portuguese Chrono. I suspect because they prefer an in house movement and versatility in looks over what the chrono has to offer. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

smile.png I don't know. When I read the gen and IWC forums, the 7 day is much more popular than the Portuguese Chrono. I suspect because they prefer an in house movement and versatility in looks over what the chrono has to offer. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The standard 3714 (or whichever model is the standard Portuguese Chrono) has actually been very popular for 20 years or so. It is just old. It is the IWC watch of choice as I have noticed in the EU over a number of years. More Chairman and CEO's seem to wear that than anything else from IWC. Frankly, it seems to be more popular than the Pilot series over there. At this point the issue is how many additional sales can be made after 100 different editions. The 7 day Portuguese was invented to charge more and sell more. 

There aren't any accurate reps of the 7 Days. Subdial spacing is way off and the date is sunken.

They are beautiful watches in their own right, just not accurate reps. Especially the gray dial.

http://www.puretime.co/product/portuguese-automatic-ss-grey-dial/

Yes! It is one of my favorite IWC's! When I entered the rep game, I was looking for a decent rep aswell. But I was just frustrated by the fact that the position of the date is too darn high!

Every now and then Im window shopping the sh*t out of that watch at the AD. Just as long until the owner tells me to leave (figure of speech)