When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New hands for ultimate Sea Dweller

d4v1d

Who knows where I can source new hands for the ultimate Sea Dweller? 

TC charges $50 for the hands and $100 for the hands + dial. Will that be worth it? 

Are there any other sources perhaps?

My current hands are a bit too greenish. Dial looks great though.

Thanks!

Well maybe I go for TC hands and dial indeed. Is the lume much better then the original replica lume on the ultimate sea dweller?

And the datewheel is a bit sunken.. Is that normal on the 2836-2 movement? Is there any solution for that? Does TC crown + tube fit without modifications?

Edited by d4v1d

I put in TC dial and hands in my SSD and couldn't be happier. Very close to gen and long lasting lume. The dial isn't a direct fit though. You'll need to take off about a 1/2 mm all around. I don't know about the new ultimate SD as far as the size goes.

Edited by kbh

I put in TC dial and hands in my SSD and couldn't be happier. Very close to gen and long lasting lume. The dial isn't a direct fit though. You'll need to take off about a 1/2 mm all around. I don't know about the new ultimate SD as far as the size goes.

Shaving the dial???? holy fck how can you do that without messing up the whole dial?

Just went round and round slowly with a Dremel and a sanding drum. Turned out not to be too difficult and the sanded edge is hidden by the case.

That would definitely not a job for me :p 

Have you any idea if there is a fix for the recessed date wheel? 

Mine never had a recessed date wheel. Never heard of it being a problem on Sea Dweller reps.

Strange. Me neither. But this one is slightly recessed. Let's say 1mm too low. But my previous 21J SD didn't had this. This one is the 2836. 

I'm very curious if this is a movement issue or maybe something else. Would be great if I can solve it with a TC DWO or something. 

It wouldn't be difficult to raise the dwo, or file down the dial spacer a little.. Or use a dial space from a 2824 as they are a little thinner.

What do you mean with 'use a dial space from a 2824 as they are a little thinner.'? 

What if you lay a TC dwo upon the stock dwo? 

If you have a 2836-2 the date wheel fits lower than the standard 2824-2. I actually am thinking of selling the PBDad dial and hands super lumed combo. JUST FYI

Setting up the TC datewheel is not too difficult, but make sure to use a glue that dries and secures well, but that is also manageable to align everything right.  

@ Ephry73

So it's just the dw that's lower/less thick? Will a TC dwo fix this? Does 'overlay' mean that I have to lay it upon the current dw? So glueing 2 dw upon each other?

I'm sorry this is totally new for me.

Edited by d4v1d

Asking is how you learn. Practice makes perfect. Corny I know but thats how it goes. The TC overlay is not that thick at all. You will need to glue it I place on top of the existing date wheel ensuring that each date progression matches the date window an orientation. Spuds harder than it is , bit you need to take your time

Ok. TC dwo has marks on it to center it right. So maybe I can lay the V2 upon the V1?

Which glue should I use? TC says that you have to buy 3 combo for practice. http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/07/15-tc-rolex-font-date-wheel-overlay.html Please tell me something more about your dial and hands?

Edited by d4v1d

Here's a movement with the original date wheel attached (the numbers have been sanded off). You can see the dots of glue. The 2nd pic is with the overlay installed. You install it, then put on the dial and check the location of the numbers, go around the dial and make sure they are all lined up, and you're done.

DSCN4693.jpg

DSCN4697.jpg