When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A-7750 Service help from the pros =)

supermario428

Hi all,

In short, to find out why my Hublot v6 stopped working upside down, i decided to buy all the tools necessary to disect and serve the 7750. All has gone smoothly and the only problem i have encounterd is that the "Driver Cannon Pinion" on the dial side is stuck on to the axis that comes from the "Great Wheel". I am planning on using some solvant to remove oxidation which i think could be the problem to why they are stuck together?.

Does anyone have any input on what else i can do to solve my tiny-tiny little problem. Is this a know issue? Worst case is that i just leave them attached and hope that this isn´t connected to the problem why the movement stops upside down. Clean and oil the watch with my high grade syntetic oil that i got and hope it works again.

Best Regards

SM

Thanks for the reply and no offense taken =) I am totally aware that i will probably just get the movement togheter    - non working but as it wasnt working anyways i thougt i could get some knowledge on how these things work. Problem is pretty basic. The Driver cannon wheel is stuck on the Great wheel. I will try and upload a image when i get the time.

Cheers!

/sm

• 2 months later...

An update!

So i managed to isolate the problem to a broken escapement wheel and have managed to replace it. Everything on the "movement" part is now assembled and seems to be ticking =) 

A new problem has now arrised, namely getting the spring around the hour hammer and it´s operating lever. This seems to be a real royal pita to say the least. Doe´s anyone have any tricks up his sleeve to get it on?

Cheers!

I'm no expert by any means, but I've taken a few 7750's apart and put them back together. Great job going for it. I had the same philosophy as you, it's already broken, how can I make it worse. I think everyone should try it because you learn so much. Of course if you love the watch and couldn't bare for it not to ever work again then definitely give it to MD or another expert.

Anyway, the one thing I did learn is that the holes in the springs are often there to allow you to put one end of your tweezers in and squeeze them into place by placing the other end of your tweezers on another part of the watch. I struggled for hrs and then figured that out and could replace the springs in seconds. Not sure if you are talking about a similar spring (see no expert above) good luck!

This spring is "V" shapet or more like a tall "R" where  the hole in the "R" goes in to a pin that holds the spring and the legs spreads and holds the Hammer and operating leaver. Not much room to hold the spring with a tweezer im afraid and more so holding the other parts that can also take a trip in the air =)

Sorry for not posting that often =(

I hope this thread will help beginners to not be afraid to disect their broken/unwanted 7750 to get an insight on what they are really missing!

I have put a circle around the parts i have problem with. The spring should hold both metal parts between its legs =)

But it´s been the no.1 hardest part of this movement to put together! 

hammerspring.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks MD2020 for sharing this trick! It was so easy doing it the way you described it! I must have tampered with this spring for a good 4-5h without any luck. Once i new this trick it took me 1 try and about 20 seconds!

I got everything together and nearly all of it was working! Only thing not working seems to be the Hour-counting wheel on the chronograph as it seems to spin freely. Any ideas on what could be wrong? It doesn´t seem to engage the wheel underneath it :S

So far the hardest parts to install has been the "automatic device bridge" =) (getting all lined up must have taken 10-15 tries and 3-4 hours)

CHeers!

Thanx MD!

I though i would ruin the movement to. I was prepared for it as i was just interested in seeing all the parts with my own eyes. I figured it wasn´t working anymore and i couldnt be arsed to send it away so why not have fun with it. My trick was to always have the movement ticking when putting it together. If it stopped i knew i was putting the part in the wrong way. Getting the oscillating wheel pin in the pallet fork looked to be the most impossible thing and would have ended my jerney but somehow it got in place very easy. Then when all was assembled and i tried the chronograph functions, IT WORKED!! It starts, stops and resets as it should =). Only thing i have to fix is the hour-counting wheel that spins freely. In all it must have taken over 20h to assemble it. But i know i would cut that time in half now when i do it again to get it properly oiled. Any tips on how to put hands back on would be much apprechiated as it feels like i have to use excessive force to put them all in place.

Cheers!