When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's tour opinion about this watch?

monty010

Hi guys, i'm fairly new to the whole rep game, So I was really glad I found this site, al the info I gathered here has been outstanding. Now here's my question, I want to buy my first rep watch and I really love the Omega seamaster planet ocean. Thnx to the great reviews of Andrew's site (trusty) i found the OMG001A http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=19&zenid=390ffb58506624095017a789004efdb9 Does this rep look any good, or do your trained eyes see something i'm overlooking? I hope you can give me good pointers. Greetz

Its a good starter PO for someone or a Daily beater. The Ultimate planet ocean is what you should be looking at if you are wanting the best one. It runs for $300 but totally worth it.

The one you linked has the happy feet on the Omega symbol on the dial which is a dead give away. The HE valve is right on 10 o'clock which is not correct either.

I would say so. Did you find the Ulitmate planet ocean on Trevors website you linked? That is the one you want to buy. Might as well spend the extra $100 right now then to buy it later.

You can lessen the price by chossing a differnt movement, By choosign the asian movement over the swiss ETA you can save a good chunck on the Ultimate planet ocean.

Hi guys, i'm fairly new to the whole rep game, So I was really glad I found this site, al the info I gathered here has been outstanding. Now here's my question, I want to buy my first rep watch and I really love the Omega seamaster planet ocean. Thnx to the great reviews of Andrew's site (trusty) i found the OMG001A http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=19&zenid=390ffb58506624095017a789004efdb9 Does this rep look any good, or do your trained eyes see something i'm overlooking? I hope you can give me good pointers. Greetz

Hi!

The ultimate version (42mm) is available the cheaper asian 4813 movement for 148 bucks (OMG0154). The only different is the movement, Send an e-mail to Andrew, and ask him, the 45mm version maybe available too......

I also confirm that you should better add 100 $ more and buy a good one that you will enjoy for a long time. Personnaly, I don't think that "happy feet" is so noticeable. But wrong helium valve position is a real issue. When you know that detail, that's the only thing you see when you look at the watch. Then, pleasure is dead ! For sure, after few weeks (if not few hours !), you'll want to buy a new one without these flaws.

Be careful also with 21J movement. Not only it's not very reliable, but also the beating is slower than the gen. And it makes a difference which is easy to see. Major flaw in my opinion.

Last summer, I bought a PO 42 mm from Andrew. And I LOVE it ! I paid the price (no happy feet, right position for He valve, mvt 28800 bpm), but now there is no shadow on my pleasure when I look at it.

Paul

Thanks Paul for your advice. I went with a cheaper model This time seeing its my first Time to order a rep. And didn't want to fork out for a 300$ one just yet. With Christmas and a second kid on the way. But my order arrived in the netherlands yesterday so I'm waiting to see if and when it clears customs etc. and if this cheap one looks just a little bit nice. Well it's my birthday Next month so you can guess what I'll be getting myself