When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fix Crooked Markers

Devedander

If you have markers that are missaligned on your watch face, is it usually possible to pull them off and stick them back down? I am under the impression often they are stuck on with double sided tape, so it sounds like it might be possible, but wonder if it is likely to damage the dial?

i dont know of any right off hand stuck on with double sided tape but with reps it is possible, usually the markers have a mini post behind them and r glued in or tact down from the back side of the dial, u should be careful while doing this procedure

hope this helps

joe

Hmmm... I could have sworn I read about markers that fell off because they were double sided tape and it was weak or had worn out...

If they are posts it seems like it would be almost impossible to get them wrongin the first place?

I will have to start tinkering inside some of my cheapo watches to get a feel for how delicate thigns are I guess...

Damnit... when I started getting intersted in reps I told myself I would just be buying watches, not adding another to the long list of things that make my whole house into a workshop table... and now here I am wanting to dig around inside watches... *sigh* I should just go back to drugs... at least they are a more accepted addiction.

If they are in the wrong place you are probably stuck with what you got. If, however, the marker is crooked and it is attached on a post you most likely can fix it as the markers are put on after the base dial is fully made. You just have to work carefully not to scrape the dial underneath the markers.