When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ufc 65

statikman

GSP totally dominated Hughes. I've never seen anything like it. I knew he could be beaten after the first 2 rounds against BJ last time but GSP made him look like a complete amateur. Hughes was saved by the bell but essentially KO'd twice in the fight, losing by knockout a minute into round 2 via a head kick and then some GnP. Other than maybe a Hughes rematch, I think the belt is secure with Georges for a long time. Poor Serra.

Tim Sylvia had another snore fest with his decision win over Jeff Monson. Sylvia then called out Vera.

Brandon Vera demolished Frank Mir in 1:09 of the first. Vera looked awesome and Mir looked really bad, thoughy at least he looked in shape this fight. It's sad but I think it's the end of the line for Mir in the UFC.

All in all, another mediocre card with one incredible performance by Georges St. Pierre.

The December Ortiz/ Liddell card looks good, with Arlovski and Griffen fighting (not eachother obviously) on the undercard. The interesting fight other than Tito/ Chuck will be Jason MacDonald VS Chris Leben. MacDonald was so impressive in his debut against Herman it will be interesting to see how he stacks up against a proven tough guy like Leben.

Pride is the stuff to watch or K1 and K1 Max.

I disliked it much to see Pride going over to the states since they use more rules their.

UFC they stopp the fights to often many times the fighters dont even now why they stop,but then again i have only seen like 100+ fights from UFC :p

I will download the UFC 65 today hope its good. :)

Pride is great. I would love to see some crossover matches with UFC. Wanderlei Silva was supposed to fight Liddell but it looks like it won't happen, and Fedor apparantly was set to fight Tim Sylvia but that's not not going to happen either. I think Dana White doesn't want to see his "top" fighters get beaten. The top Pride guys are just too good. Could you imagine Fedor or Crocop in the octogon against any of the top UFC guys? It would be amazingly one-sided.

I honestly think GSP can hang with anyone in his weight class in Pride. Wait till you see what he does with Matt Hughes. It's so awesome I've watched it 4 times already.

Just so you know, Pride is talking to WWE about joint promotions. It could really take credibility away from MMA if (and when) Vince McMahon gets involved. He tried to work with the UFC but they told him "Never in a million years." Pride is so desperate to get into the USA market that they have already had meetings with him. Wrestling is huge in Japan so I don't think they truly understand how it will hurt their (and UFC) reputation if they get in bed with the WWE.

Have to agree that Pride coming to the US is not a good thing. Watching the Real Deal was great for the true Pride fan but hearing all the redneck's and their lame ass boing was uncool....not too mention their [censored] poor attitude's displayed towards Mark Coleman at the end of the fight...really showed a real lack of class...no big surprise there...

I will still watch the UFC but only with the sound turned off as I can't stand their commentators and again, the dumb phuck rednecks and their total lack of respect for the fighters.

I have been watching both Pride and UFC since the beginning. Pride belongs in Japan where it will be able to maintain its integrity and keep the respect of the organization.

Naturally, it wants to crack the WWE market in the states as that is an assload of money but you are right about mixing the two genres of wrestling and MMA...that would not work...