When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tc 16610 to 16613

gmtlover

I am looking for a good 16613 tt blue/gold for a while. But haven't found a good one.

Then I thought would it be possible to convert TC's 16610 to a 16613 tt blue/gold.

I already have a gen insert.

So then I would need a blue dial, gold hands, tt bracelet, gold crown and bezel I guess?

How hard are these to source?

A what versions would fit? I do not have the funds to buy all gen parts, so is noob an option or are there better option?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I've seen aftermarket gold bezels at either Clarks, Raffle-Time, WSO or one of those regular aftermarket parts sellers.  The bracelet's going to be the hardest part. Lot's of people have been looking lately and not finding.

Of course you could put it on a TT Jubliee until a good one comes up.

Going to have to follow this topic , very interested in seeing how you get on, the 16613is a beauty:)

i hope it will be.

The most difficult part is finding out what parts fit  TC's watch

And going for 3135v2 maybe so that I can install gen hands..

But does a noob dial fit a 3135v2, my guess is no.

Gen dial is to expensive for me at the moment, but maybe a nice mod for the future.

And then the gold bezel, does the noob fit the TC construction? probably no again.

So will have some trial and error before the watch is completed and may need the help from some members here who have way more knowledge than I have..;-)

But hey that's what this forum is created for right?

I've recently talked to TC about offering a 16613.I have a commercial grade gold plating machine i use in my lab. I am waiting on some parts from TC to experiment on.Hopefully we will have an option for those of us that want the parts for a 16613.I should be able to plate crowns,bezels ,bracelets etc with 18K gold ......

I've recently talked to TC about offering a 16613.I have a commercial grade gold plating machine i use in my lab. I am waiting on some parts from TC to experiment on.Hopefully we will have an option for those of us that want the parts for a 16613.I should be able to plate crowns,bezels ,bracelets etc with 18K gold ......

A girlfriend of mine is a goldsmith, she said she could also plate the parts for me, but if there is a very low tolerance ( because of high quality ) between the parts then there is a possibility that they won't fit afterwards, because of course the plating that makes the parts thicker

Ok, gen insert and gen hands and gen datewheel are on the way.

Now need a 3135 movement.. Will probably try and source the a3135 V2 that rolexman is going to review, but of course only if it's good.

Then the dial.. Will a noobdial fit the movement? Or only gen dial? Trying to keep the costs down at the moment. Gen dial is too expensive