When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Bezel Will Not Turn And.....

Nodnarb901

Let me start off my letting everyone know what I have.

I was one of the ones who bought from Idealwatches.com and paid way too much for my replica.

I bought the 50th aniv Sub for $900, I love the watch even though I know I paid too much.

I bought the watch in May and last week the I noticed the bezel will not turn anymore. Plus yesterday I noticed the Pearl/marker at the 12 O'clock position has fallen off.

Idealwatches say they have a one year warranty, but from what I have read, if I send in the watch I might not get it back.

So my question is: where can I get a replacement marker/pearl? and what can I do to get the bezel to turn again?

Thanks for taking the time to read a newbie's post and help.

If the bezel won't turn, more than likely there's crud up in there restricting it. You could try squirting WD-40 up there, but you don't know if the watch is waterproof, but you can take a chance. Next would be to pop the bezel. You put a knife or razor blade under the bezel and gently pry it up, moving around the watch slowly and keep lifting. I'm thinking it's a CN (Chinese) sub, so when you pop the bezel, you got to be careful, because there's a click pin and spring in there underneath and those boogers will pop out onto the floor, they're tiny! When you get the bezel off, maybe rinse it off, check the tension spring and while you're at it, replace the bezel insert- the black thing. Separate it from the bezel (the silver ring) and install a new insert.

Once you put in a new insert, you might have to glue it, just pop the whole assembly back on w/ your thumbs and fingers.

I like the bezel inserts from Lee Raymond Jewelers on ebay, pearls ok and it fit my CN sub w/ a little bit o' glue.