When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does flat 4 only comes with lug hole case in gen world ?

Erict719

In gen, I guess on y series come with flat 4? And does flat 4 only match with lug holes or there is also non lug hole version ?

also does flat 4 have shorter bezel teeth then the other? I have a wm9 v3 16610 with flat 4, I always want to change the bezel, however have read a review saying the short teeth suppose to match gen y series.. Is this true?

Wow! The things that people worry about!

A flat 4 bezel insert predates your WM9v3 so technically it's not correct. Maybe you could source a late model gen bezel insert with the correct triangular 4.

As for the short bezel teeth, it's not anything that I've ever really heard anyone getting too worried about. If you think your bezel is wrong, you could always replace it with another one, but you could run into fitment problems since these aftermarket parts don't always fit that well. But the WM9v3 is a well regarded rep, so you may be worrying all for naught.

From research wm9 v3 with flat 4 should be correct for early 2003 y series. With flat 4 and non lug hole as gen. however, I know wm9 have shorter teeth then gen , but some say Y series have shorter teeth, then the new model have sharper and longer bezel. will Sean bezel fit wm9 v3?

OK, I did the research- Y-serial ran from 2002-2003 and was a transitional time. The early 2002 Y serial had lugholes and the boxy 4 insert

RLX50691.jpg

Then the case w/o lugholes came out- the 16610T case.

Circa 2003 maybe- here's a pic I borrowed

T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHgBQeDIBUg60_31.jpg

So this would be the later Y serial w/o lugholes and the new triangular 4 insert.

However, the bezels should be the same on these two models.

Eric, why don't you just pony up $4K + and get yourself a gen! Then you wouldn't have to worry about a $100 part being correct or incorrect- on a rep no less!

And that brings us back to Rule Number 1 of replica collecting- A rep is always a rep. You can't make it a gen.

Why don't you post a pic of your WM9v3?

I will try to post one up from the app .

Well I guess many people here want to make it as Franken as it can be. since now I have gen crystal , gen crown and gen insert. that's why I want to confirm if the flat 4 is correct. I know it's a rep, but no one wants to make an incorrect rep after putting gen parts in it.

yours is wrong thats it ;)

what are you expecting? someone comes to you saying: eh you wear a fat 4 insert on a 16610T case, is that an early Y series ? guess this will not happen. and there are other tells to spot your wm9 v3 if you really run into a sub expert and you hand over your rep. so no need to lie there and other won't notice.

Edited by Eiderdaus