When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm hooked!

njmike

I just bought my first rep. Ive been doing my homework now for about a week or so and I've learned a lot and still have a lot too learn but this is a great site filled with great info. My rep has not even arrived yet and I'm planning my next purchases already. 

Mike, just out of curiosity... which Breitling did you buy?  and what else are you researching into?

I am looking to buy a Super Avenger... looks like a few TD carry them and the quality of SA are very solid... prob very hard for people to tell they are reps.

Mike... thanks for your advice!  Do you mean to only buy from the Trusted Dealers from this forum... ie PT, TT, BK...etc?   or do you mean buy second hand off forum members in the for sale section?  I have no problem buying used if I can get the watch a little cheaper!!  hehe..

Second hand you might have to wait but everything comes around. Anyway your tastes will change and you can always sell at a little loss to try it out. You will see a lot of catch and release in sales thread: guy bought says maybe not for me off it goes at less than dealer cost.

Forgot to warn you guys, some people will not sell to you. Nothing personal just guys come make a few posts buy then PP dispute or phony money transfers. Buy low end ones most will take a chance till you are ready/vetted for the expensive ones, you will loose very little get known and have fun!

OP, welcome to the club! My first rep was as also a Breitling (black Navitimer on black leather strap) from Puretime, and I enjoy this beauty nearly every day...:D ...and like many othera here I'm also hooked, ordered 2 Breits more (from TT) but sadly they are still in transit, stuck in UK customs till Dec 27. So I ordered one more on last Friday - seems I can't get enough, lol! ;) If you buy from the TDs here you can't go wrong, Andrew (TT) is really a great and honest guy, Puretime also! Have fun and wear you reps well!

Mike, just out of curiosity... which Breitling did you buy?  and what else are you researching into?

I am looking to buy a Super Avenger... looks like a few TD carry them and the quality of SA are very solid... prob very hard for people to tell they are reps.

I bought a Bentley big date, right now I am looking into a navitimer and a rolex gmt with the ceramic bezel not sure which one on wanna pull the trigger on next the super avenger is nice piece def on my list for sure

Mike... thanks for your advice!  Do you mean to only buy from the Trusted Dealers from this forum... ie PT, TT, BK...etc?   or do you mean buy second hand off forum members in the for sale section?  I have no problem buying used if I can get the watch a little cheaper!!  hehe..

Yes I bought off the site my first time I haven't see the watch yet hoping I get lucky but at least if you stay here these guys have a reputation they have reviews you can read up on photos from actual customers are always good thing too have on your side too this way you can really get a look at what your purchasing and there so many great write ups on how too tell how a rep your buying differs from a gen 

Second hand you might have to wait but everything comes around. Anyway your tastes will change and you can always sell at a little loss to try it out. You will see a lot of catch and release in sales thread: guy bought says maybe not for me off it goes at less than dealer cost.

Mike... great advice... I am definitely going to stick around and build a solid reputation.  I really like this forum and seems like everyone is eager to help!

I bought a Bentley big date, right now I am looking into a navitimer and a rolex gmt with the ceramic bezel not sure which one on wanna pull the trigger on next the super avenger is nice piece def on my list for sure

I love the Navitimer and GMT2C as well!  Good luck with your search.  Would love to see some reviews and your thoughts as you purchase these pieces!