When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stupido needs help!

gmtlover

Hi guys,

I was just changing my dial and was really excited because I managed to put the date change at exactly 12 o'clock in just 2 tries!
But the I wanted to insert the stem again and pushed on the little lever ( it's a ETA 2836-2 )
But now it wouldn't grip the stem. So I pushed the lever again and took the stem out.
Try 2 I want to push the lever but to my surprise the little flap/lever was gone! Now it is just a hole and the seconds are running which is not correct.
Is this fixable or do I need to send it to a repair guy?
This is my only watch at the moment:-(
My IWC has a broken datewheel so can't use that one either.. I am so down at the moment...
Please advise this poor fellah..

EDIT:

A view pictures of the process.

This was my first keyless works repair.

But it happened when I wanted to change dials and put the stem back in.

Ok wear these..Don't worry when the chalk of these get's on your dial, you can clean it later in the process

post-41219-0-92997400-1357653862_thumb.j

old dial

post-41219-0-06995200-1357653900_thumb.j

Dial protector to take the hands off

post-41219-0-01501100-1357655097_thumb.j

New dial, I know it looks dirty now but off course I will take that off before I install the hands.

post-41219-0-96548300-1357654001_thumb.j

Then the keyless works went south..But thanks to the great tut from sneed here on RWG I managed to take it apart and put it back together.

post-41219-0-25436700-1357654105_thumb.j

I managed to do this also with the mental support of zeleni and his vodka advice. I will not repair another movement without vodka..;-)

I do not have a final result yet because when I fixed the keyless works and managed to reinstall the date wheel ( pretty hard with an BK overlay ) the vodka and red bull finished working. It was 04.30 in the morning! I was exhausted!

So tonight I will finish the little project and post a picture of the result!

Thanks again for all the support and distraction ;-)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

This is what i have doen when shiits like this happen, look it onely helps for the time being! You will need to get it fixed!

But...

POOR your self a huge Vodka Redbull, mix it 50/50 (so its strong) drink that, and just enjoy the forum for one day, forget about watches just write some bullshiit, start a wierd topic, pick a fight ect ect ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz
Mmm, closest rep watchmaker is domi in Germany and has a waiting list of 8 weeks..:-(

Then I will die of an alcohol overdoses if I have to drink vodka redbull for 8 weeks..

Faster to order a new one from BK..haha

Then its a perfect "driv in period" to get your body used to VRB! 8weeks of that shiit and i would ve in haven ;)

It will be fine, you will see ;) Fxrandy could probebly help you :( try to pm him!

This is what i have doen when shiits like this happen, look it onely helps for the time being! You will need to get it fixed!

But...

POOR your self a huge Vodka Redbull, mix it 50/50 (so its strong) drink that, and just enjoy the forum for one day, forget about watches just write some bullshiit, start a wierd topic, pick a fight ect ect ;)

Lmao

Oh man! The days of battery energy drink and vodka! How I don't miss them.

Rob, is that why you're always hyper? Crazy fok! Lol.

@OP sounds like the keyless hot fudged. May want to take it all off and fix that. I always set my date change at either 3 to midnight, or 2. That way everything is cool.

Guest zeleni kukuruz
Haha, it is not empty yet..

But will this guide fix the problem? I now you can't guarantee that it will fix my problem but if the chance is 70% or bigger then I will give it a try

My alchole guide? Sure that fix everything :D

No jokes aside mr E, just gave you some good advice.

I never had that problem, i was always to drunk so realy i cant help you with the movement problem, but if you have alchole problem or woman problem then im the man you shoul look up ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz
btw Zelini..you really live in Cuba?

I always wanted to drink real cuban rum. Any advise?

I wish :( i also always wanted to seat down in a bar there and inhale the comunism and dring a real caprinja or a nice mojito ;)

My alchole guide? Sure that fix everything :D

No jokes aside mr E, just gave you some good advice.

I never had that problem, i was always to drunk so realy i cant help you with the movement problem, but if you have alchole problem or woman problem then im the man you shoul look up ;)

haha then let's have a drink..;-)

I wish :( i also always wanted to seat down in a bar there and inhale the comunism and dring a real caprinja or a nice mojito ;)

I would love to taste a real cuban Mojito. I drink it a lot here, but experts say nothing beats a real cuban

My wife is Cuban. I can attest to that. Nothing beats a real Cuban. Lol

Havana club is being imported from Canada from last I checked.

I find that mojitos tend to be interpreted differently and always have more mint than they should. Love them in the summer

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I think i make them best!!! At least thats what my friends says :)

But i drank some amazing ones in Dubrovnik two summers ago ;) god damn they where nice!!!

post-33845-0-99676400-1357601633_thumb.j

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Im of to bed you fockers! I have a early start in the morning, need to pic up my wifes company car from service, then take my doughter to a museum ;) ect ect...

Gmt good luck with the movement mate, just DONT stop drinking!!!

Cheers

Im of to bed you fockers! I have a early start in the morning, need to pic up my wifes company car from service, then take my doughter to a museum ;) ect ect...

Gmt good luck with the movement mate, just DONT stop drinking!!!

Cheers

Thanks for the distraction and tips..;-) sleep well! ( while pouring another vodka)