When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's Got The Best Explorer Ii

swdivad

:lol:

Let me rephrase...

Do any versions of the Explorer II work like the genuine, where the hour hand is adjusted independantly?

If so, where do I get one of these beauties?

Do you mean with 2893-2 movement ???

EL may gets you one ... I think.

Unfortunately only black dial ...... no white I am afraid :(

In general .... there are no good RX EXP II around I am afraid.

Sorry forgot t specify that I was referring to a white dial one.

Both Andy and El have the white one with long GMT hand but EL has bold date fond and Andy has silver rings around the dots.

Here is a correct dial (but with short GMT hand):

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=613

Also here is another "good" one:

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/item_info.ht..._id=701038&

Some can say to buy the black dial ..... but I prefer the white one (so many black dial watches)

I think it depends on how accurate you want to be. I have a vintage Exp II from Silix watch ($60 U.S.) and its gmt hand is independently adjustable, but not like the gen. My reps adjust the GMT hand smoothly around the dial when apparently the gen adjusts by "bumping" in 1 hour intervals. I have never tried in adjusting the GMT on a gen, I am going by what I have read from other members in the past.

Thanks guys... The gen actually adjusts the MAIN hour hand in one hour intervals, not smoothly like most watches.

Not being a Rolex guy (and yes Estaban, it IS small comapred to my main addiction), I am trying to like them so went to the AD for a watch parade :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I never noticed that they adjust like this, which, I think is much more convenient for travelling since you want the normal hands to be set to the time zone you are currently in. With the jumping hour hand, you are just a few clicks away from the right time :victory:

Thanks guys... The gen actually adjusts the MAIN hour hand in one hour intervals, not smoothly like most watches.

Not being a Rolex guy (and yes Estaban, it IS small comapred to my main addiction), I am trying to like them so went to the AD for a watch parade :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I never noticed that they adjust like this, which, I think is much more convenient for travelling since you want the normal hands to be set to the time zone you are currently in. With the jumping hour hand, you are just a few clicks away from the right time :victory:

You are correct, I have a couple of true GMTs and they have the independently adjustable hour hand - much more useful than the independently adjustable GMT hand, as you look at the main watch face to read the time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would also beware of the modified movements. No idea how reliable they may be...!