When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Little Help, Please

Bosox

My wife returned from Istanbul with a nice looking rep which ran for all of two days.  It's an open heart and I can see the balance wheel working, but the hands don't move a bit.  They're not stuck in any way.  My questions are what might the problem be and how serious is it to fix?  I can reutrn it to the seller for credit or have it repaired locally, which would be my preference if the cost were not excessive.  It's a cheapo so I don't want to drop a bundle.  Thanks for any insights.

Bosox if it was "cheap" no idea of cost then send it back. In my experience it cost more to service than the cost of a cheap one.

You're probably right.  $150 isn't worth the effort unless it's a very inexpensive repair, but it's a nice looking watch and my wife got it for me which I really appreciate.  So I'd still like to have some idea of what the problem might be before I send it back.

What movement? If it's and asian clone, you can probably get someone to replace the movement for 50 bucks or so. If its a better movement, which I doubt if the watch was 150.00 USD, you could get it serviced. I would get it fixed if it was a present from my wife. How much is peace and tranquility worth?

Bosox OK 150 ,Hmm depends on your watch guy 50-75 bucks to fix no hassle sending back plus wife  bought for you............................ your call. Can they just send you another,just a thought.

Well, my wife won't mind, I just am hesitating because I really appreciate her kindness in getting it for me unrequested.  But $150 back on her credit card is not to be sneezed at.  If I thought popping the back and cleaning out a speck of dirt would cure the problem, I'd pay for the repair.  Looks like it's returning to Turkey.  I don't want to take a chance on a second one having the same problem.