When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111 V3 Lever Pin Height - Pics

lascaux

Hey guys,

I have some concerns about this 111n.

1) This CP seems polished but not flushed (slightly domed?)
2) The pin on the CG seems like there is a gap, but it is recessed (gen is flushed?)
3) The swan neck screw looks long! (good)
4) on the movement the OFFICINE C looks like there is a gap and PANERAI looks off

pam3_zpsa732387c.png

pam2_zpsbf1c5aa5.png

pam1_zpsa862b8dc.png

IMG_5793_zpsd3f06f92.jpg

Edited by lascaux

Those things are almost impossible to determine via QC pics. The pin probably is flush but appears sunken because the pin itself is slightly rounded at the edge. This creates a subtle shadow giving the illusion it's sunken and gapped when it's not. Also the CP is ever so slightly domed, I have yet to to see one that is flat. Gen is not flat, but slightly domed as well.

• Like 1

thanks projectologist! but i don't think the lever pin should be rounded on the edges

some other people's QC pics look like they are flush when they are really elevated.

3_zps2d0b4ed6.png
2_zpsa4c558ab.png

how about the R of PANERAI on the movement engraving on the first picture?

Edited by lascaux

As both a longtime gen and rep PAM owner I've noticed gen PAMs with both dead flat lever pins and more recently most with pins with a subtle soft edge.  Here's my gen 000's lever pin with a soft edge giving the illusion that it sits just below flush, but it is indeed flush with the top surface of the cg body.  If you look at the latest PAM catalog you'll see even more examples of what I'm talking about.

It's the same for the roller-bearing pin which you'll notice has the same subtle soft edge.  Reps generally smooth it flush with the lever.

OEMcg01.jpg

Edited by projectologist

Ya..I think I'd rather have a shorter swan screw or the I incablock than a messed up engraving, because its both the C and R. Hopefully the additional pics I requested will show me otherwise.

Also, this guy's CP looks really good and he said he didn't mod it!

095A4B7E-C244-4404-834C-331C78033C32-248

Thanks for all the help man!

• 2 months later...