When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ap rep on"hardcore pawn" tv show

watchaholic

someone brought in an ap rep ,and the owner buys it for 5 g's, the son doubts his purchase and runs the serial # through a database and it comes out fake. they call him back in ,'cause  said he had another watch for sale ,they confront him ,he says he's been had too !  IDK !  here's the database they used but you got to pay to join.      http://www.watchcsa.com/          anyone else catch this episode?

Saw the show ... no way the 'customer' was 'had' when he bought them himself. The look on his face and the stuttering in his speech were a clear sign he was trying to pass a rep off as a gen and got busted.

The only other possibility is that it was all staged, but I'm not sure if I were a pawnbroker that I'd want to admit that one got by me. I couldn't believe he didn't have someone open the caseback to check the movement before taking it in.

The funny part is the guy came back with a Rolex box. Although they never showed the watch, when Les was looking it up on the website he was still on the AP page ... :)

someone brought in an ap rep ,and the owner buys it for 5 g's, the son doubts his purchase and runs the serial # through a database and it comes out fake. they call him back in ,'cause  said he had another watch for sale ,they confront him ,he says he's been had too !  IDK !  here's the database they used but you got to pay to join.      http://www.watchcsa.com/          anyone else catch this episode?

Yes, and I do believe it was a setup.  No pawn shop owner is dropping $5K without checking out the merchandise.  He said he "louped it and it was perfect"  as if that act would determine authenticity.  The much better and interesting show is Pawn Stars out of Las Vegas where they really have some interesting items.  On the History Channel.

• 4 weeks later...