When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Value off these NOS 1655 parts?

dutchguy2

"You buying or selling J?"

"Buying :-)"

After starting out trading rlx watches waaay back when they were affordable and seeing today's parts prices, I will introduce a bit of perspective...

The springbars will fit 1675, 1655, 5513, 1680, 16750 etc.

The case tube and crown are also 1600, 16000, 1016 etc parts and should have no premium at all over any nos 6.0mm ct/crown.

The crystal and caseback gasket will also fit 1675/16750 so none of the parts pictured are dedicated 1655 parts and should not command a premium price above current market price.

If the case is 100% genuine...it is usually worth the $$ to buy genuine replacement parts. 

If the case is not genuine...oem spec aftmkt gaskets, crystals, springbars etc are usually fine imho. High quality aftmkt springbars are always fine imho as are generic caseback/crown/case tube gaskets from a reliable source.

Here is what I paid for the genuine parts last time I bought them (early 2000s)...

25-116 crystal...$17.50 (today's price $35 to $50)

29-325-10 caseback gskt...$1.65 each (generic is 32.5mm x 1.0mm) Today's price for genuine $2 to $5, aftmkt $1 to $2.

springbar...$2.50 each. Today's price $5 to $10 each, swiss quality aftmkt $2 to $4 each.

6020 case tube...$10. Today's price $20 to $30.

600-0 steel crown...$20.00. Today's price $35 to $50, good used $20 to $25.

My guess for it all is around $100 to $150 at today's prices.

etc...

There is a silver sealing washer between the case tube and case, it will be hard to find as many 'rolexperts' do not even know they exist...this is why some of them can never get a case to stop leaking under higher pressures. The pn are 29-06020 for regular 6.0mm silver tube gasket, 29-05310 for 5.3mm silver tube gasket. 

Many 5.3mm aftmkt case tubes now come with silver washers, never seen a 6.0mm aftmkt ct with one though.

If the case and/or bezel is aftmkt...make sure the case neck od and bezel id are exactly the same as genuine before installing the genuine crystal.   Crunch!   :pimp: $$