When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I vintaged me a Rollie

blueradish

Had a few hours last weekend, so I whipped up a vintage Rollie.  Really not a big fan of this brand, been trying hard, but I can't get past the girlie size of these watches (no offense to anyone  :shock: ).  Figured if I made me a vintage, put in a tall crystal and tossed it on a bund to beef it up I may come around.  Haven't got the bund done yet, but here's how she turned out.

IMG_6390_zps5a0c9960.jpg
IMG_6398_zps239c5761.jpg
IMG_6393_zps62f2e308.jpg
IMG_6412_zpse9b357ce.jpg
IMG_6405_zpsb1d4d0f7.jpg
IMG_6400_zps7e1bdcc4.jpg

I applaud your efforts, but I'm going to play the devil's advocate here.  In truth, I have never seen a vintage Rolex 1680 in the wild that looks like that. I haven't seen a dial like that unless it was in a watch that was water damaged. Also the bezel doesn't look like a normally worn bezel would look. this one looks like one that nanug would do with his 6# sledge and his anvil!! There are hundreds of photos of vintage 1680's around and about, both rep and genuine. I've owned several genuine and several reps so these are one of my favorite Rolex watches. I had oner that I wore every day for probably 6 years working around farm equipment, cattle, horses, manure, grease, oil, dirt. You name it. that watch had been immersed in it! The only thing that was damaged was the acrylic crystal was so scratches up, you could barely tell time, and the bezel had a few dings, and scrapes.Mine had damage from the outside in, yours looks like it's damaged from the inside out.