When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111 Modified Movement Complete

omgiv

Okay....this will be my last post on the crown (I promise).  I was able to get the crown held in the lathe more on center and used the cross slide to cut the bevel.  I think that it came out pretty well.  I was also able to polish the bevel.  The last think I did was thin the ring on outside of the crown.  From what I have seen, the Noob crown has a ring that is too thick.  I erred on the side of caution and didn't want to thin it too much.  The locktite is drying now and I will see if it still will work on the watch later :p  Thanks again for the help and for humoring my OCD.

IMG_0944_zpse88357bd.jpg

IMG_0942_zpsa162f927.jpg

IMG_0943_zps1fb5870e.jpg

Awesome job, omgiv, and you are correct about how thick the stock rim of that dish is - I see you managed to get it just right.

I just noticed that I missed your bezel question - the chamfer I was referring to is the base of the bezel adjacent to the midcase. I don't quite know what to call it, but on the noob 111J this base perfectly squared off but maybe a hair too tall. On the Noob 111M & 111N, this base is no longer too tall but it's too rounded like an older over-polished watch.

Thanks Wolf for the clarification on the bezel.  I didn't notice it and will that one alone.  If someone is looking at my watch that close, they had better watch out for a hand across the back of the head :)

I meant to post these earlier but missed them for some reason.  These are pictures of the modded crown against the stock Noob crown.  The stock crown is on the left in the pictures.  There is a difference in thickness of the crown (where the teeth are) of .03mm but I don't know if this is due to the modification or variance in the crown itself.  I didn't measure it before starting.

IMG_0945_zps510a5865.jpg

IMG_0952_zps73412040.jpg

• 4 weeks later...