When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Damn this new fleebay...

van_damme1988

I really hate what they have done to fleebay. These "new" changes are driving me out. Missing "worldwide" search option seems to be just a beginning. Now I see, that you cannot place a bid if there is not explicitly stated, that the seller ships also to your country. It was much better before, becouse i could contact the seller and ask him, if he ships to my country as well. Then i joined the auction and at the payment section, i just added the shipping charges according to private conversation with seller. But this new version does not allow even bidding, if seller states only domestic country to ship. Hmmm... Breitling Deployment buckle 18 mm for 20 eur ending in few minutes and i cannot even bid... This drives me crazy. w/e. Gen Ocean Racer with deployment - 65 eur two days ago. 18 mm classic Breitling buckle 15 eur yesterday. And this seems to be another great deal... Nooooooooooooooooooo...... :bangin:

Agree.. The best thing about eBay was that there was a truly worldwide marketplace.. Seems like do not care about the non-us members, who are more or less forced to use the local eBays. They are worthless for scare or more obscure items... I cannot understand their philosophy.. eBay, is becoming more a place for bulk sellers of new items, not ordinary people who are selling off odd used stuff.. Sad!

And the changes they have made in the feedback system.. I had a non-paying bidder, and could not even leave negative feedback "because the transaction was not completed"..

Agree.. The best thing about eBay was that there was a truly worldwide marketplace.. Seems like do not care about the non-us members, who are more or less forced to use the local eBays. They are worthless for scare or more obscure items... I cannot understand their philosophy.. eBay, is becoming more a place for bulk sellers of new items, not ordinary people who are selling off odd used stuff.. Sad!

And the changes they have made in the feedback system.. I had a non-paying bidder, and could not even leave negative feedback "because the transaction was not completed"..

This is just sick. And i totally agree with the post above.

And i think that there is also one other thing. The problem is, that because the search engine does not work properly, now it significantly lowers the chances for the seller to be found. And also their chances to sell their goods for acceptable prices is getting lower, because some of the people who would normaly be interested in bidding are out. Either because they cannot bid or because they will not even see the article in search results. And that can make selling via eBay very risky. And yeah, it is quite hard to understand why do EU-based customers have to search one by one country except of Worldwide or Europe search. I know that there is possibility to choose "every country" but when i get the search results i am like "hey...is this all?". So i do not trust them and repeat the search via local eBays which makes you speak English, German, French and some other local languages for satisfactory results :)

• 3 weeks later...