When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Daytona

awltoga

Lots of great info guys!

Can someone please elaborate on the issue of manual winding the a7750? Does this cause a problem down the line?

I got a complete 6263 watch from DW with a7750 (rotor removed) a few months back and have been winding it manually. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm an absolute beginner here ( noob par excellence :-) ) and I hope I'm not breaking any posting etiquette when I ask:

I want to order a vintage PN Daytona from Andrew. it's a 37mm case with a st19 movement ( cartel build ) but

since I'm not too happy with its dials, I want to order a new dial from David W. with a correct hour chrono size/spacing.

my question is:   how easy will I be able to exchange the dials myself? is it too complicated for a noob to even consider it doing himself?  what do I have to pay attention to before buying the dial from David ( besides the obvious diameter )? are the dials manufactured as movement specific? 

when one buys a dial, is it necessary to buy the hands together or I can use the hands I'll get with the watch from Andrew?

hope you can help me with this. 

thanks!!!

thanks for the quick reply!

that was my first idea, to buy a watch from DW ( even though I'd feel much more comfortable with a seagul inside ).

the problem is, I cannot import from China. it would most likely be stuck at customs.

trusty ships from the UK which would be a piece of cake to receive on my side.

i guess I'll try to work it out with David - maybe he can work out a mid-post here in Europe.

if not, I guess a smaller hour chrono on the watch from Andrew will have to do ( hope my OCD won't be too much of a pain in the ass :-)  )