When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have an all gold vintage Daytona from DW?

rek001

I had one. It was really great. I decided to remove the plating from the case and sent it to spinmaster he worked his magic and made me a custom fantasy version. Its a great watch however I would ask for a pic of the dial, I checked his recent offerings and the dial I got with mine was way nicer than his current one. The print is too thick on the subdials

post-38788-0-12206200-1359844973_thumb.j

post-38788-0-48298200-1359845010_thumb.j

post-38788-0-25571100-1359845021_thumb.j

Thanks much for replies, guys. cc and Freddy, your watches are stunning.

I want something different, exotic yet elegant.

Before I contact David, does anyone know what dial choices he has for gold Daytonas?

Thanks again.

Thanks much, cc.

Now I'm excited, but think I'll have to wait until CNY is over, bah.

I'll show you guys when I get it.

I hope you don't get disappointed, I ordered one last Nov. and it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! I had to send it back, just too many issues.

I won't recommend buying from him. He still owes me some parts, but I don't think I'll see it anytime soon.

If you do order, good luck. If I were you, I'll check with Spin and see if he has any in stock.

Spinmaster uses the same watches, he gets them from david. He transforms them into proper functioning watches so weather someone buys one from dw and sends it to spin or just buys it direct from spin it's essentially the same thing. I could be wrong but that's what I've always understood

Unless spin puts a big markup on the watches, I would think that getting something directly from him would save some time and shipping anxiety.DW is in the UK, Spin is in the far east, so if i get a watch from DW, I have to have it shipped to the USA and then ship it to Spin. my feelings about watches are the less they are subjected to the whims of the various postal services and customs, the better. i get nervous shipping one two states away to my watchmaker, much less across to the other side of the world.

Hike, what exactly was wrong with the DW Daytona you received?

Also, Spin's Daytonas go for just under $600.00, yes?

And I had no idea DW was in the UK, I just asumed he was in Hong Kong or thereabouts.

Thanks again guys, very helpful.

DW is in China. I think panerai is thinking of his old partner in the UK, but that went sour.....and no fault of the UK partner, he is a great guy!

Whar was wrong with the watch???? A lot....loose xtal and bezel, crown that did not fit properly, no o-ring on the caseback, mis-aligned chrono hand....

I think that's about it.....

btw: i ordered 3 diff models and they all have similar problems.