When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Counterfit item on ebay

TimeStopper45

I decided to check out some Seamasters on eBay and came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seamaster-Professional-Automatic-Chronometer-Chronograph-300M-Chrono-Diver-/310587819496?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item48507a05e8

I haven't been in the rep scene very long but I think this is a counterfit. Pearl looks off and the sub-hands are too short

Edited by TimeStopper45

I´am also new, and would not have bought that watch. But why would he put up so many hi-res pics from all angels if its a rep? Seems risky :p

I have not compared the model to gens or other reps of this model, but the pearl seems very off yes, and also happy feet on the logo. Don´t know if this is right/wrong for this model, but my understanding was that applied logos should not have happy feet?

Also the watch looks really beat up and and scratchy.

Seller has excellent feedback though.. maybe it is just a very beat up gen? Interested to hear what the experts say  :)

hour and minute hands too short, subdial hands too short, no part number on end links, this model should have blue lume too-not green, pearl is wrong on the insert. its defo not gen...odd from his username he appears to be some kind of pawnshop...another one slips through on an unsuspecting buyer it would seem, could be that the seller had no idea also, but if your in that business you should atleast have a knowledge or know somebody who does about items such as this...saying to take it to an omega service center may suggest the seller has no idea, especially as doing so you would not get that watch back once omega got their hands on it...

Edited by bamcky2k

+1 With bamcky on this one I would say stay well clear   :g: only thing I would add is this, with the amount of pics taken and the quality of them why not show a movement shot too? Never seen a wristie on the bay either :inverted:  my 2c   

+1 with sgt...he had the caseback off, showed the antimagnetic cover and inner caseback but no movement shot-it would be a decorated a7750 in there which if you had no idea would fool the average buyer...ignorant bliss on the buyer maybe, but beats me why people just dont do a little research and google searches take what? minutes or less to find pics to compare the listing to...oh well, buyer beware and buy the seller not the watch springs to mind-but in this case the seller had the great feedback too...

This kind of thing really makes me mad.  I messaged the seller (in case he truly didn't know) and then reported it to eBay.  You guys know you can click the "report item" in the lower right corner right?  I think the more reports, the better chance that eBay will remove the listing.

I mean, I agree that if someone is stupid enough to pay $1700 for a watch they don't know is real then they doesn't deserve the money to begin with.  However, this could be a situation where a guy tells his wife he wants a SMP and she finds this on eBay not really knowing what to look for and just goes off the feedback rating.  I could easily see my wife doing something like that.

Anyway, it just sucks, and I hate thieves!

• Like 1

yup, i reported also stateing the flaws...and contacted the seller advising him to check against pictures of the genuine watch on either the omega website or google images to see what im on about...had no response and as of last night listing is still up...i know exactly what you mean about wifes/girlfriends etc buying gifts and that would be pretty bad...even if its not for a gift and the buyer is factoring in repair costs the second that gets sent off to omega he/she wont be getting the watch back...as i said if the seller is in the pawn game he should have knowledge and people to call upon to appraise his items, he states his own watchmaker has checked it over as genuine-well hes either a rubbish watchmaker or thats a blatant lie...odd though that he has other high end watches, genuine, with box and papers...a quick scout around ebay shows one or two rep planet oceans (bad ones not even upo standard...) and a few smp's that are questionable...i think half the time the seller has no idea, the other half know its a rep and use sentences such as "lost paperwork in house move" "was my grandads watch and i know nothing about it" "looks all original but bid accordingly" etc etc...buyer beware always!

i doubt this auction will be pulled due to the feedback, ebay wanting a cut of the sale price, and if ebay did check the listing the watch features a serial number and correct markings inside the caseback etc...although all rep, ebay may agree with the seller its gen due to these being present...

Pisses me off badly when people get ripped off, either buyers or indeed sellers alike it's rife mate   :bangin: 

I've lost count how many Omega/Rolex etc I've reported to ebay over the last couple years, most sellers I've dealt with haven't even got back to me when I've pointed out the tells to them, so they know fine well what they are selling and will gladly take someone's money for it. I sold a Gen to a guy locally last year and he had just recently been a victim of a scam too, what happened to all the decent folk !   ;)