When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Bracelet question....62510H this time

Curt941

The coronet under the R appears on genuine jubilee 65210H clasps made in the 1980's. However thereare4 a lot of aftermarket clasps that also have the small coronet as well. So if it is aftermarket, you will have to depend on other "tells" to determine.

Looking at your clasp, I don't think it is genuine. the tell I'm looking at is STEELINOX. I just looked at three genuine Rolex clasps as well as a genuine Tudor clasp and they are all spelled STEELINOX, one word none of them have the gap between STEEL INOX, the L and I are almost touching.  STEELINOX. Unless yours is exactly like that and what I'm sseing is from the camera angle, it's not genuine.

Here is a link to a very interesting discussion on the VRF (Vintage RolexForum)  Orchi, quite frequenrtly opens up a "Can of worms" with his discussions. Pretty often his theories are shot down in flames by more experienced members, so read it and draw your own conclusions. 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/thread/1288759930/1288922659/Orchi+believes+this+Odd+type+of+Rolex+%26quot%3BScroll%26quot%3B+Logo+on+Buckle-Clasps+is+aftermarket..%2B%2B

So I was really worried by the scroll work around the "ROLEX" since that seems to be the biggest tell.  With the sellers original picture, there was glare on the right side, but he sent me a new picture that's clear this is a genuine bracelet.  End links are 502T, not sure if those are very valuable or not.

clasp_zps33f41beb.jpg

0000000.jpg00000000.jpg

Nice. I bought a P-serial 14060M that came with a stock 93150 bracelet as well as the above 62510H for $4k.  I 

I think it's a decent price considering the 62510 could probably be offloaded for $300-400, but when I started to question the legitimacy of the Jubilee I got a little nervous.

the 14060 actually looks pretty darn good on the jubilee, dresses it up a bit.

$T2eC16RHJGwE9n)yTT7sBRCpZ-EnSg~~60_57.J