When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question: Are the updated Richard Mille versions worth buying?

AndyFors

Gentlemen’s,  

Can I get your view on the new RM011 models offered by most of the TD’s? I appreciate that the models are pretty far from the original, however as very few have actually seen the watch, less so that model in particular (unless you frequently associate with F1 drivers that is). Do you think it’s possible to pull off the watch? Or will it be an obvious fake?  

Also, it would be great if anyone is willing to share some QA photos.

Best regards,

Andy

• 7 months later...

I have been researching on the series, and I would have to say a firm NO.

The datewheel fonts are a dead giveaway, and being located in a prominent part of the dial, it is "a glance and you see its a rep"

The skeleton dial may be a feature you could pull off superficially given the complication of details, but closer inspection and comparison would easily identify the watch as a rep.

But my main gripe with the RM rep is still the datewheel font..do some research and it would be easily obvious to you.

Hope this helps. 

The striking thing about a gen RM is whether you know watches or not...they oooze quality.... the details arent important when comparing the rep to the gen as that gen quality is so far apart from any rep.... I mean miles.. and miles....

However it depends if you are trying to fool people or just trying to see what it might feel like to wear one.... in terms of it shape and look...design wise...

As a simple watch its a nice rep..... as a replication of the gen its pretty poor... however I would wear it..... :)

But if you are looking to pull one off as gen .... dont bother..... even though a watch like the RM is probably easier to spot as a rep by the look of the person wearing it..rather than the rep so much itself.... ;)

So if you want a decent enough watch with some distinct styling looks...then get one...it you want to fool people ..avoid it :)

• Like 1

The striking thing about a gen RM is whether you know watches or not...they oooze quality.... the details arent important when comparing the rep to the gen as that gen quality is so far apart from any rep.... I mean miles.. and miles....

However it depends if you are trying to fool people or just trying to see what it might feel like to wear one.... in terms of it shape and look...design wise...

As a simple watch its a nice rep..... as a replication of the gen its pretty poor... however I would wear it..... :)

But if you are looking to pull one off as gen .... dont bother..... even though a watch like the RM is probably easier to spot as a rep by the look of the person wearing it..rather than the rep so much itself.... ;)

So if you want a decent enough watch with some distinct styling looks...then get one...it you want to fool people ..avoid it :)

I have taken a screenshot of your reply and intend to show it to the owner of THAT rep RM with the soiled baby diaper colored straps.. you remember that one mate? :D

I have taken a screenshot of your reply and intend to show it to the owner of THAT rep RM with the soiled baby diaper colored straps.. you remember that one mate? :D

LOL!!  But with that choice of strap mate...I think you may have to read it to him !! :)

• Like 1