When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gasket reference sheet

Hello,

is there any sheet that shows with gasket goes to which ref. number / part of the watch?

e.g. Rolex gasket 12.345.67  for  1600  Datejust  for  caseback.

Btw: I got a gen 600 crown but without the gasket, what gasket do I need?

Thanks!

1600 Datejust caseback gasket = 29-302-86 a flat cross section gasket, not round like a regular O ring.

For generic caseback gaskets, order by the case reference number...1600 etc.

"...gen 600 crown but without the gasket, what gasket do I need?"

If it is the gasket that goes inside the crown cap, it is the 'crown gasket' pn 29-0600 a flat cross section gasket that is prone to fall away from the crown cap when unscrewed. Silicone grease will help hold it in place but the crown gasket also needs a bit of silicone grease where it seals against the end of the case tube so you put a little on both sides of the gasket...then it sticks to the case tube half the time and falls down half the time...

The case tube gasket is 29-6000.

Be sure to clean the crown cap along with the threads. I use a pointed wooden toothpick and let it run through the threads a few times from the cap to the outside while turning the crown ccw. If you wash the crown in solvent be sure it is 100% dry before putting it in the watch or cleaning solution may run out of the crown clutch/spring cavity into the movement.