When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta 2671

jraines87

Rob,

I don't remember seeing any reviews on the ETA 2671 movement.

Just wondering if you've ever serviced this movement and what your thoughts were on it.

Joshua has some ladies Rolex's with this movement in it and was thinking about buying one for my wife. I don't mind adjusting my time every so often as most of my eta's gain time, but was wondering if this movement was good at keeping time with maybe having to adjust the time once a month or so....

The most accurate timekeeping watch I own is the Omega from paul with ETA 2824 (Never had to adjust the time in almost one year), but all my others with Eta 2836 gain about 2-3 minutes a week....

Don't want my wife to have to adjust the time every week like I do on most of my reps...

You shouldn't have accuracy problems with the ETA 2671 if it arrives in proper woking order and timed. Cartier has used and may currently use this movement in their ladies' watches. Apparently, it is a very popular movement with the lady model time keepers.

The 2671 was developed the 50's and continues production to this day. No too shabby. :)

Info: http://www.christophlorenz.de/watch/moveme...a_2671.php?l=en

Regards,

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Anyone can reply here Joe, it's not only for me...the more feedback and views the better...

I have serviced a number of these models, other than being a challenge to service, simply due to the size and the fact that the movement has the same number of parts as a 2836, they are well made and if beat and timed and adjusted - keep good time.

I restored 3 genuine Glycine Airman 7 watches a couple of months ago. The small movements are all 2671's, so that project alone was 6 overhauls. In each case, following servicing, they all worked well, and with no negative feedback, I have to assume that they continue to run and keep accurate time.

RG

• 4 weeks later...